Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Colour Me Awake: nifty net finds in the middle of the night

I've been unable to sleep at night for eons now, and I always find myself lurking around the world wide web, so I thought I'd make myself useful and share some nifty net finds. Tonight my interests seem to be colour-based:

Sophie Landry is amazing at colouring techniques, & she's put together some great tutorials:

Sophie's Basic Marker Tutorial Part 1a

Sophie's Basic Marker Tutorial Part 1b

Sophie's "What's Best?" (3 Media for Colouring) Tutorial


Thanks to Nancy Riley for sharing this wicked sweet

Stampin' Up Colour-Combo Generator


Oh, the wonders of colour that I never learned in high school art class!:

An Incredible Colour Theory Tutorial

Lan's Marker Tips

EDITED TO ADD: Marni's Amazing hexcode & RGB code chart for S.U. colours.

Have a colourful day!
Mel

3 comments:

Margaret McDonald said...

very cool. thanks for doing some homework for me!

Ijsbeer said...

Aw..thanks for stopping by my blog. Loved the link you shared! The sketches where beautiful

I have been reading all your posts, just not commented much as I had the flu bug bad. But it seems to be letting loose finally.

Hope you are doing well (besides the insomnia). Love these links too. Colours facinate me:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the color tips ... I use the color combo site all of the time, but look forward to learning more ideas about combining colors.