Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Catty link & I stamped something FINALLY!!!

I've been cleaning my stamp leavings (piles and piles...!) Still not done but I had to break and stamp something. My friend Kim spoiled me at Christmas and this gorgeous paper (Periphery Cabernet PIP-921 from my Fave Basic Grey) was part of the spoilin.' I used it as a strip of faux ribbon mounted on Chocolate Chip c.s. and punched a scallop from it.

I fell in love with the Polka Dot background stamp, but when I first got it I found I didn't use it much. Then I saw it in the new catalogue, used with clear embossing, and I knew I had to use it immediatement! By the by, the new catty is online now<---click that link if you wanna have a look. The layout of this is inspired by this card in the catty:
I thought that it would be overly simple to do (Just scallop the edge of a soft sky card and then add a brown piece, but my duh. You can't scallop that direction. Try it, you'll see what I mean!) So, the solution is still simple: just scallop a piece and put it on with the strip of ribbon (in this case faux-ribbon) to hide the seam.

The 'beauty' sentiment as well as the ornate scallop stamp come from Fancy Pants sets (In the Garden & Bella Brush.) They're stamped (sentiment is embossed) in Basic Brown ink.

I love the look of seed beads; they feel like jewelery to me (so I'm excited that S.U. has come out with bead duos (page 192) that have seed beads and an assortment.) I think the silver ones will be my fave, but I love the bright orange and green too. I like to put them on with Crystal Effects; that way, you know they won't fall off. If you'd like to know how to make this flower, please see this post. [It's embossed on Naturals Ivory with Chocolate Chip ink & clear e.p. using the Doodle This set & then water-coloured.]

Thanks so much for stopping by,
:0) Mel

And by the by Crafters, Kimmy has Blog Kandy!!!


Flossie's Follies said...

This is beautiful, love the blue and brown combo and scallops,lovely card.

Libby said...

Love this one too - it's so pretty! I'm loving that BasicGrey paper you're using (but what BasicGrey DON'T I love??) and using the polka dot backgrounder with clear embossing powder? Too cool!