Sunday, February 1, 2009
Had a quiet but loving weekend at my grandparents this weekend with a bunch of my sweet family. I am so lucky to be able to spend time with them! They are so wonderful! My Nana celebrates her birthday this week. She's in her mid-eighties, but she's so vital and vibrant and loving. So is my good ol' Papa!
Since love is in the air lately, here's some links on somethin' I love:
Crackle Paint Texture....
Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint:
1) Tips on Distress crackle paint from Ranger
Projects from Ranger site:
1) Crackle flower
2) Grungeboard tag (see Tim explain how to make it here)
3) & the tutorial for how he made it is here
Tim's projects with it:
1) Metallic crackle paint & alcohol ink
2) Crackle tag base (on paper)
3) Partial crackling (on parts of paper)
4) More partial crackling on a Halloween tag
5) Crackle Snowman
6) Stamping with Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint (She has a cool sticker trick on a ruler too!)
7) Crackle flowers on gem purses
8) Use a marker to do edges of grungeboard or chipboard
...Ouuu and this is by ranger too: Crackle accents (it's clear) gots ta get me some of that! Isn't Deborah's project gorgeous?
Crackle accents by Ranger (Clear):
1) Product here
2) Altered postcard on Ranger site
3) Crackle accents on chipboard pieces
Some Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Links:
1) All the colours it comes in
2) Metallics & White
3) Jennifer's great video Love how she plays with Mixing colours!
4) Another great video by Christine
5) Write up by Tim Holtz on Distress Crackle Paint
6) Craft Critique write-up by Tami Bayer
7) Craft Critique article by Julia Stainton
8) Julia's Crackle frame
9) Gorgeous lettering by Rachel
10) Tim's tag (crackle paint on grunge board)
11) Tim's tag (crackle paint on paper)
RANGER VIDEOS here!
Other Crackle brands etc...
1) Delta Crackle paint
2) paintedskywoman's crackle tutorial
1) Crackle with Elmer's glue by dsimthdesign
1) US Art Quest "101 Craze & Crackle"
2) Decoart crackle tutorial me likey the application she uses with the palette knife & the contrasting tone, & the glaze over top too. More info on their website
3) Grunge board (stamping and cutting it out! Brilliant!)
4) Cindy's stunning butterfly with ranger products
5) & her crackle butterfly
6) & her clothes pin inches with crackle squares
Hope you find some inspiration! :O)