Wednesday, April 29, 2015

CAS Chevron 'Hello' card


Another simple 'Hello' card today. It was cut on the Silhouette and I used some of my digital papers under the chevron cuts:

 chevron hello


Here are the free digital patterns that I used (linked on Flickr)


Floral Vine (Lemon) low-contrast:

6-lemon_BRIGHT_floral_vine_SOLID_12_and_a_half_inch_SQ_350dpi_melstampz

And here's the whole Floral Vine monochromatic paper set.
and
and




20-cool_grey_light_Tiny_stars_SOLID_12_and_a_half_inch_SQ_350dpi

And here's the whole Tiny Stars (solid colour) set.

and


And the whole Christmas Paper set here.


This digital work is offered up for free, but mainly for personal use or handmade sale items only.
Please do not use these to make digital papers or kits for sale, nor mass produced items.
If you have any questions, please be sure to read my terms of use here or email me. Thanks!




I tried out a new speedy cheat for stitching the sentiment (it's half real sewing with needle and thread for the texture and half gel pen faux-stitching):

chevron hello - half real half faux stitching

It's a bit of a time saver, but you still get the texture from the real needle & thread stitches.

....and that's all she wrote. ;)

Happy Creating!





P.S. There's a tutorial for how to download the papers from Flickr, here, if you're curious.

9 comments:

LASCOSITASDEATELIER said...

Preciosa tarjeta, me gustan los colores que has elegido y la forma de zig zag.
La palabra escrita en costura me encanta.
Feliz fin de semana

Dawn said...

cute, cute card! hugz

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very very nice.

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Such a cool idea to have the pretty papers showing through the chevrons! xxx

Sue from Oregon said...

This is lovely Mel!

acons said...

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful papers and projects. You're so talented - and awesome! :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

is there a link to the chevron cutting image? I love the colors you used. I have a shower I am hosting and these are her wedding colors. I would love to make this card for the invites.

kReN said...

Oh boy! I now have a Silhouette and can't wait to try and find this chevron pattern. Did the hello come from Silhouette too?
kren dot kurts at gmail dot com

vdoyle8 said...

I love this gorgeous card! I hope you are well. I've followed your blog for a long time and miss hearing from you. No pressure!! I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.