Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Happy Trees--Pass it On



This is my latest thing: I like trees; I like making cards outta paper made from trees; I like the idea of reusing cards that are made outta paper made from trees. :-) SOOOOO, I put sticky notes in my cards. That way they can be reused. It ends up being a card with a message (or alternatively, a letter) inside it and a gift. It may seem a little hokey, but not if you ask a tree.

There's one example in these photos. I made the envelope reusable by not putting a name on the front. (You could put a sticky note on it too.) You can also include a few of the same sticky notes under the one with your message--in case the person receiving it wants to follow suit.

It makes it easier for those who love to make cards, but don't love their hand-writing--or only have a ballpoint pen on hand and don't want to mess up a card that took time and love to make fancy-smancy. ;-) Stamping a coordinating image on the note and using a matching colour makes it a little nicer (I've used chocolate chip to match the ink on the card).

I've made a promise to myself to try this idea in all of my cards; maybe it'll catch on.
:-)

Mel

0 comments: