Friday, November 16, 2007

Make your Own Shimmer Spray

I was inspired by Tracy's homemade shiny paper to make some of my own. I used a recipe for shimmer spray and put it in a little perfume bottle. All you do is mix water and pearl-ex (or mica) powder in a spray bottle! The colour of pearl-ex I used was #670 "Interference Red." I sprayed my brains out, because it was less shiny when wet. You prolly don't need as much as I used. This was soooooooooo easy. I can't wait to make more colours.

SUPPLIES: "Always Artichoke" card stock with matching ink stamped on (Snowflake spot and retired Paisley Print Background stamps) and some mystery red too. Gotta LOVE the new Basic Grey paper "Forest" (fig-1001) from their Figgy Pudding Line; I touched it up with the gold zigpainty that I used to write "JOY" on the tab. The edges of the tab and the artichoke mat are all sponged with matching ink to darken them.

Ribbon is good ol' S.U. "Certain Celery" grosgrain. The little flower gem is called "center kisses" (Prima Marketing inc.) It's on top of a punched circle and has gold details as well.

Thanks for Looking! :0)
Mel

ETA: Want this to have more permanence? Add a little hairspray (Thanks Laura!) :0)

3 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Oooh I'm inspirational! hehe :) That's a gorgeous effect you got with the pearl-ex spray. Now, that's one thing I don't have... I need to go invest in some Pearl-ex! I bet your card is so gorgeously shimmery IRL :) It's beautiful.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I find pearlex is really affordable at art supply stores. Do you have good ones there? Thanks for always leaving such awesome comments! You are THE sweetest! :0) Mel

Anonymous said...

this is fun i like reading other ppls comments too ,momp