Friday, November 23, 2007

Kissing is Fabulous!!! A photoless tutorial

Did that get your attention? ;0) Well, if that didn't this might... I have a 2 new flower sets, so you can rest easy that you might not have to see doodle this or delight in life flowers (for a while.) ;0)

I wanted to get funky with colour for this & Fancy Pants's "Wild Iris" paper was just the thing. Oh, I AM stupid, LMsillyAO: I thought this was BasicGrey paper, & I was all proud of how well I matched my fancy pants stamps for the embossed background. DUH! Now it all makes sense.

So, some CARD DETAILS: This is done on river rock cardstock (which I did match to the d.p. lol) & "Cool Caribbean" <--I know that's pure evil 'since it's retired, but I have no willpower.) It's all sponge-daubed with Turquoise & Brown. And there are good ol' "Chocolate Chip" mats on here too. I have been a good girl & have been punching out all my middles. Trying to watch my environmental foot print more. The flower is done in a few simple steps:

First, traditional kissing with a few pointers (Oh ya, I'm such a kissing pro! Muhahaha)

1. Ink background stamp with craft ink--stays wet longer. (Here: "Not Quite Navy" & Paisley Print.) Huff if you like.
2. Push your stamp on it. (This is Fabulous Flowers.) If you have trouble getting a full-kiss, :0) then moisten your flower stamp with a lightly wet paper towel and then kiss.
3. Stamp onto paper. (This card used three flowers stamped on "Soft Sky.")

Next part is stuff I made up (Improv is good in kissin!) ;0)

4. Mix weak reinker water and paint petals with it (or just use your aquapainter for subtle colour.) You only need to paint the ones that show. Let dry.
5. Cut around petals.
6. Cover petals with crystal effects. (again, only ones that will show, no duh! I know...) (Optional: distress it with a heat gun--makes bubbles.)
7. Shape the dry petals (to curl up a bit.)
8. Adhere the layers.

If you'd like to see a photo tutorial on kissing click here.

Thanks so much for checkin' in; I love to hear about it if you try some kissin'

XXX <--stampin' smooches,
Mel

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

How pretty is that card!!? I love the colours you used!

Michelle said...

Another gorgeous card, Mel. I love the way you used that flower. I have had trouble using mine, but this makes me want to get it out.

AnnMarie said...

Wowee!! Wow!! Wow!!! This is soooo pretty! Makes me wanna go out and invest in a truckload of crystal effects! I really like this design! Very pretty!

Kim Etherington said...

Pretty blue flower. You've been busy.

Charissa said...

That is so gorgeous! Great color combo!

Michelle Pearson said...

oh my lands....I don't even *like* this stamp! This is gorgeous! I'm going to have to seriously spend a LOT more time on your blog....you are a true artist!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
Maybe this would be helpful to others. I really love this flower but I don't have craft ink. So I put versamark on the background stamp first and then inked with classic and it worked pretty well.
Thanks for sharing!
Beth Greco