Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Poor Neglected Sahara Sand & Saving d.p. with Acrylic Stamps

Is it me, or is Sahara Sand a much neglected card stock colour? I was rootin' in the old 12x12 box, and I found my Simply Scrappin' kit "At Home (retired, sorry.) I'm off of scrap-booking for the time being, & I always forget how great these kits are for card-making. I made this card out of the cardstock & bits and I thought to myself what the heck is that neutral? It's Sahara Sand! (The kit also contains Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip, & Cranberry Crisp. For those of you with stocks of those retired shades this might be a fun colour combo.) Other details for this card: the ribbon is dyed with Always Artichoke reinkers; there's a bubble sticker on the center (2 other stickers from the "At Home" kit.)

On another note, you know I'm obsessed with my new love object: acrylic stamps. This is one of the reasons why:
You might be able to get that kind of spacing with wooden block rubber stamps, but I can't. :0) I embossed a whole bunch of petals on this BasicGrey designer paper. Me likey!!! Wanna know more about this particular set? Click here.

Mel

0 comments: