After seeing the card box in the new catty on page 120, I was dying to make it, but there's no pattern for it on the Stampin' up demo site, so I made my own. I've written a wee tutorial in case you'd like to make one too. :0) The box is 3" deep, so you need to use two pieces; sounds tricksy, but it's actually easy & precious. Honest!
Here's what you'll need:
Cardstock or designer paper (12 x 12 or 2 standard sheets)
A scoring tool (I used the one from the S.U. Cutter Kkit)
Ruler (I like the Stampin' Around wheel guide, cuz it has no-slip grips)
Cutting Mat (or a scorepal)
Optional: more cardstock to line it, ink to distress edges, ribbon, chipboard pieces & Mod Podge to glue d.p onto chipboard.
1) Cut two pieces of cardstock (or hefty designer paper) so that they measure 5 1/2 inches high by 8 inches wide. You'll only need to score 3 lines.
2) Lay your piece on the vertical--the way the white piece is below:
3) Score at 3 inches (on the vertical)
4) Then turn the same piece on the horizontal--the way the coloured piece is above. Note: you should always score on the white (or on what will be the inside of your box.)
5) Score it at these 2 increments: 1/2 inch and 3 1/2 inch.
5) Cut the smallest section on the left out. (Marked in red stripes on the drawing below)
6) Cut a slit in the middle of the bottom pieces. (Marked in red on the drawing below)
7) Repeat the scoring & cutting on the second piece.
8) Crease your score-marks well & do a dry fit.
9) Put double-sided tape on the smallest two (1/2") sections (on the coloured side.) Then attach the two pieces together and close the bottom with more double-sided tape.
10) Embellish as desired.
Here's a close up of the details I added and a list of what I used:
--On Board Accents
--Basic Grey paper (Pheobe line: Ashbury Street phe 755 & Angel Island phe 757 )
--S.U. Cardstock: Rose Red, Certian Celery, & Chocolate Chip.
--Hand-dyed ribbon: S.U.Very Vanilla 5/8 inch & dollar store flower (Tutorial here.)
--S.U. sab Rub-ons & Basic Grey Rub-ons,
--Crystal Effects to adhere gems & flower ribbon
--White Signo gel pen
--Sakura glitter pen
Thanks for reading! Have a spectacular day,