Monday, February 4, 2008

Tinted Faux Bleach with NO bleach (or a Variation of Black Magic)

This is just my faux bleach technique tinted. It's a lot like the Black Magic technique, but I've used pastels instead of pencils. I love that you can do this with line art images (where the Black Magic works with solid stamps.) It couldn't be easier:

1) Do the faux bleaching (Emboss your image in white on black or dark cardstock--or use emboss resist if you like.--Paint on the white Craft ink.)
2) Use your pastels & applicator to rub on some colours!

Th-th-th-th-that's all Folks!

Card ingredients:
Riot of Petals background stamp. Cool Caribbean, Naturals White, & Taken with Teal cardstock; Versamark, Clear embossing powder, & black ink. Pastels. SU s.a.b. Rub-on.

P.S. This is the Black magic technique here. (<--Veronica made that great tutorial.) I have got to try it.

P.P.S. Are you sick of this stamp yet? I just LOVE it--I'm going to marry it! ;0P


Flossie's Follies said...

Another beautiful card

Kim Etherington said...

Pretty pretty! Like it with the blue added in.

Alex said...

What a fantastically beautiful card, this is gorgeous

kathleenh said...

Melissa, this is gorgeous!

Nancy Grant said...

Wow! That is so interesting!

Corie said...

WOW this is just GORGEOUS!!!

huntla1 said...

This is beautiful! So, this is one of those stamps that I was so not interested in when I first saw it. But I have seen what some amazing people (yourself included) have done with it. So I am not quite sure I want to marry it -- besides, I don't want to cut in on you -- but, could I be a bridesmaid. I know that you don't know me well, actually, you don't know me at all, but I am truly delightful if you ask my opinion. Let me know okay?

Mel M. M. M. said...


Wish I could email you and visit your blog or somethin' since you'll be my bridesmaid and all. (I can tell that you ARE truly delightful.) Thanks for the great giggle! :o) ;0) :0) Mel

Betsy said...

This is just looks like a living sea anemone (I'm like poor little Nemo who can't pronounce the name of his home...only I can't spell it!)

Peggy Maier said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this technique. I've never tried the bleach - just couldn't bear thinking about that smell, but this is great. I love your stamp set too & since you're not going to give "him" up, I'll just have to find my own!!

Joan B said...

thanks for visiting my blog. it gave me a chance to discover yours. I love your cards, those dyed flowers are gorgeous and your whole blog rocks!

Annapurna said...

This looks a lot like the negative version of my recent card. I came by to comment on your latest and found this in your slide show. Had to tell you what I thought about it :-)

Ordering my riot of petals, just so I can case this one. Found someone who is going to give me free shipping over $50 order. Any other suggestions for stamp sets to get to 50 and not more? :0)