Template for this cone is here. The edges are scalloped using S.U.s corner rounder (and then punched with the 1/8 " hand-held punch to create a pattern.) I stamped the Perfect Plum cardstock with Almost Amethyst craft ink. The card is made with Close to My Heart stamps. I love this set called Finding Beauty. Here, it's stamped in Perfect Plum craft ink and embossed with clear e.p. The leaves are actually ribbon from May Arts. I got it here. Charles actually asked me if they were real leaves! :0)
I've been making cut grass strips, but I wanted something a little more artsy fartsy for this card, so I just painted some grass (using Certain Celery and Mellow Moss ink and an aquapainter.) Then all you have to do is cut the blades. A little finicky but fun. I added glitter pen details to the grass and flowers so they looked kind of dewy. :0)
To make the "grass" stuffing for the cone, I used a strip of designer series paper (it uses a fair bit of paper and you lose the design, so in hindsight I would have used cardstock instead...) Anywho, to make it you just fold in an accordion fashion and cut. It is super easy with tissue paper or thin paper. To make it easier with d.p. or cardstock, just score lines on your paper (I scored at 3/8 of an inch apart.) It makes it SO much simpler.
The bottom of the card is a strip of Close to my Heart adhesive linen paper. It ends up looking like embossed ribbon. To make it just:
1) Cut a strip of the linen paper
2) Stamp on it & emboss (I used Perfect Plum craft ink on Stampin Up's Paisely Print stamp & clear embossing powder)
3) Paint the remaining white area with ink wash (I used the leftover ink on the stamp & an aqua-painter)
4) I've mounted it on cardstock to make an edge. You could also use it the way you would ribbon.
1) Stamp S.U.'s Polka Dot background stamp (I used White craft ink)
2) Emboss it (I uised clear embossing powder)
3) Draw around each dot (I used a Sakura stardust glitter pen)
You could make more prominent rain in blue (using blue ink & clear e.p. and a marker) or white... using (white e.p. and a signo gel pen)
Other card details: Cardstocks--> Certain Celery for the main card stamped with Stitched background, Mellow Moss, Soft Sky, naturals white (for flowers & grass). Finishing accents gem from Mary (thanks Mary!)
Happy Craftin! :0)
P.S. For how to do the Soft Sky scalloped edge on the card please see this tutorial