Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Resized Mirkwood Flower Templates



Sorry for the lack of posts on here lately. It's temporary and I'll be back to regular posts and tutorials soon, promise. I haven't been feeling well lately, so I've been to a whack of Dr's appointments (nothing serious, just time consuming) and I'm swamped with homework for the end of the semester...blah...blah..blah :0)

Here is a couple of pages of resized Mirkwood flowers. I got a question from a fellow scs'er about how to resize them. There's a technical computery way to do it, I'm sure but everyone's computer is different, so I wasn't sure how to answer her. I also wanted to conserve time and paper for me & you. :0)

Want to try this at home with other templates?
Here's how to do it: I scaled them (on the net when you're looking at a page with the template, just click the file tab, select print, then select properties and click the page set up tab. finally choose scaled printing and pick the percentage you'd like) Then I printed them, cut & pasted them onto paper, then scanned them & saved 'em as a pdf. And SplitCoastStampers is an incredible place to upload your templates so you can share them. The link is here. There are 2 PDF attachments (3 pages all together.)

I'm thinking they'd make cute homemade primas. You could do all kinds of schtuff with them:

  • Trace them on cardstock or patterned paper
  • Laminate them and use them as a paper piercing template
  • Layer them and shape 'em to make 3D flowers
  • Dry emboss them with a cuttlebug or by hand using a mousepad and a stylus
  • You could use the wet & wrinkle technique
  • Stamp them or emboss 'em
  • You could use heat'n'stick powder to cover them in glitter or microbeads
  • Trace them onto acetate or pin the template to felt and cut out...
Thanks for reading
& thanks to Ruthann Zaroff who designed the original Mirkwood flowers (and retains copyright) :0)

1 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope the docs are treating you right and you are up and running again soon!

It must have been ages since I stopped by, which is hard to believe becuase I enjoy your blog so much. You've been busy and it's all GREAT!