Do you have Doodle This & forget about the flourish? I do & I love flourishes, so I thought I'd make a tab to match it & hopefully revamp it. So I got doodling...
These tabs & tags work with different Stampin' Up! punches. Template PDF is on scs here. I love the silly & free lines of doodles, so these are my attempt--not as doodley as I'd like, but they were fun for this card & maybe they'll be useful to you. I really need a good doodling pen. I used a Stamp'n'write marker but it felt stiff to work with. Anyone have a favourite doodling pen to recommend?
- Printed the template out on gesso paper
- Embossed it with clear embossing powder
- Used the two tabs in the bottom left corner that fit the round tab punch
- Coloured the doodle scallops with a Pretty in Pink marker & embossed that with clear e.p.
- Layered them with a 3/4 inch circle of cardstock with "happy birthday" on it (Amazing to Zany)
- Scan & print a text onto cardstock
- Emboss two flowers on it (This flower is from Wonderful You embossed in black craft ink with clear e.p.)
- Colour flowers in with a pink marker (wiping off excess as you go)
- Layer two & glue black beads on with crystal effects
- The gray mat with the stem is also the Doodle This flourish. It's embossed with white craft ink & white embossing powder, & coloured in with a black marker
- The thin pink mat has black stitches doodled on with black marker
- All of the layers are rounded on the right-hand corners with SU's retired corner rounder
- Stamp Doodle This flourish in Basic Gray classic ink onto gesso cardstock (gesso thinly brushed on--Gesso index here)
- Emboss the gray ink with clear e.p.
- Wipe a little Pretty in Pink ink over it (to distress)
- Colour areas of the flourish in with Pretty in Pink marker & emboss it with clear e.p.
Thanks for stopping by, :0)
P.S. The pink on this card is a tribute to the new in colour Pink Pirouette--can ya wait? I can't! I predict that I'll have to marry Baja Breeze--it was love at first sight. I stocked up on 7 pkgs of Soft Sky 'cause they're sure to be a match made in heaven. (i need more, LOL.)
Kate/Kaylber made this colour swatch & has more in her awesome hot 2009 colour prediction post here.