Friday, September 12, 2008

(6) Coffin Box & Sproingy Mr Bones

You can download the coffin box template here
Lots more coffin templates here

Mr. Bones the Dancing Skeleton is so fast to colour & he stacks up so cutely. Him & his buddies are covered in stickles and adding some spooky bling to this coffin box. When You untie the ribbon, he springs right off the top! :O)=

E.T.A. The box turns out to be 4 1/2 inches high & just over two inches wide at the top (1 1/2 inches wide at the bottom)

Supplies:

These all come in the Paper Garden Projects "Happy Halloweenie!" kit:

Stamp: Mr. Bones the Dancing Skeleton stamp
Cardstock: White cardstock to stamp skeletons on & Black textured cardstock (to make box)
Embellishments: Sheer dotted Black Swiss ribbon

Things from your supplies/Paper Garden Projects:

Black ink & clear embossing powder to stamp Mr. Bones
Watercolour pencils & water brush to colour or non-bleeding colouring medium
Versamark & clear embossing powder
Crystal Ice Stickles
Oh so sticky tape
Scissors

Optional Extras (at Paper Garden Projects):

For the box: Black Magic Spell cardstock

Ribbon: The kit comes with enough of ribbon, but there's Sheer dotted Black swiss ribbon
available by the yard in case you want more;
Dew Droplets

Step 1. Stamp & colour three Mr. Bones Skeletons


Step 2. Cover Mr. Bones' in Crystal Ice Stickles
Let them dry & cut them out.



The Coffin box:


Step 1.
Cut a piece of Black Magic Spell cardstock to 8.5 inches wide & print the TEMPLATE onto it. (You could also use black cardstock & trace the template in white pencil crayon if you like.)

Step 2. Cut the box out (along the solid lines) & score it (along the dotted lines)

Step 3. Crease the folds and sand the box. Stamp it if you like. I used a typewriter alphabet set to stamp R.I.P. in Versamark & emboss it in clear embossing powder.

Step 4. Assemble the box & adhere the skeletons. They stand on top of each other so well, but the beauty of this stamp is that you can fit them together however you like: hooking arms, or even turning cartwheels!

To make a Sproingy Skeleton for the top:

I love the way this skeleton looks like he's leaping, so he's all sproinged up here.


Step 1.
Make the spring by cutting a piece of cardstock that is 1/2 an inch wide and 3 & a 1/2 inches long. Score at every half inch. Fold it accordion style and crease well.




Step 2.
Attach one end of the accordion to Mr. Bones (behind his ribcage) and one end to the top flap of the box.



Step 3.
Tie the black Swiss Dotted sheer ribbon around the box and over Mr. Sproingy Bones. When it's untied he'll sprooooiiiiing out & thrill the lucky recipient. heehee



Thanks so much for stopping in,

I can't wait to get back from vacation and back to blurfing! :O) Miss yous Madly!

Mel

P.S. Quick Links here:



P.P.S. To Return to the 13 Days of Halloweenie INDEX,
Click HERE :O)




22 comments:

Sheila said...

Just catching up with all your Halloween projects Mel.
They are just completely stunning and I love them all.
Sheila-x-

K Hutchinson said...

So SO SO CUTE! I love this project!

Tammy Hershberger said...

AWESOME projects, Mel! I'm days and days behind on blog reading, so just came across this new Halloween stuff you're doing! I love them all! Just sent a link to your blog to another blogging friend who loves Halloween!

Theresa Momber said...

Ooh, love all these cute boxes! That skeleton is too cute!

Tonniece said...

OMG!!! This is awesomely(??) cute.

kathleenh said...

I love the skeleton springing from the gift box. That coffin box is awesome too. Great project!

Cathrine StClair said...

This is awesome cute Mel - love the jumping skelleton. And the bling - I never thought skelletons need bling, but they do!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Amazing!!! You are one talented lady. I love this and all your stuff!!! Amazingly cute and fun!

Annapurna said...

This is neat. I like that picture, where he is tied down with the ribbon. Mr. Bones looks like he is trying to wiggle out of that ribbon. Very cool project. There is so much of what you do, I want to CASE, but you need to stop, so I can catch up :-)

Heather "Hev" said...

I must admit I am not one bit into Halloween BUT I do keep every one of your tutorials incase I can use them in some other way!!

I would like to thankyou for your time and effort into such wonderful projects which leave me in awe!!

Greetings from Australia :)

Barb said...

Fantastic project!!! What a great gift/favor idea... love it!

[sproingy... you crack me up]

Angie Tieman said...

This is sooooo cute! Love that coffin box! All of your Halloween projects have been amazing!

wendyp said...

How CUTE!!! I just love your halloween projects!

Janine said...

Such a sweet project Mel!!! Hope you are enjoying your time in Newmarket!!

Shirley said...

Totally a fun project! TFS

Erum Tasneem said...

i am just lovin these skeletons! cute thang!
the idea of adding a coffin box is great. love your background!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Mel-a-Licious, I lurve this!!

Soooooooo cute and clever; love that springy-spoingy skeleton!

If I grow up, I wanna be jess like you!!

~Hugs, Deb

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- thanks for the patterns!!

Crystal Ware said...

Mel, this is fabulous. I love that he springs. Too cute!

Maria said...

Ooh, I love how he springs up. A bouncy skeleton!! I love it! I love all of the stuff you're creating.. .they're all so creative. Your projects inspired me to create a halloween project that I'm working on right now. Thanks for the fabulous ideas!

Maria

Savitri said...

This is tooo cute!! I LOVE all your halloween stuff!!! LOVE THEM LOVE THEM!

Sally said...

Just found your blog and I'm loving it.