These all come in the Paper Garden Projects "Happy Halloweenie!" kit:
'Peter Pumpkin' stamp
"Happy Halloweenie" sentiment
- 1 pieces of the orange textured cardstock (6 x 3 inches- 1 for each note card)
- 1 piece of white cardstock (cut into a circle 1 7/8 inches in diameter (1 for each note card)
- 1 piece of black textured cardstock cut into a circle 2 1/8 inches in diameter (1 for each note card)
- 1 sheet of standard cardstock for box any of the colours in the kit would be perfect
- Scraps of green textured cardstock to make leaves
- 1 inch circle punched from Wicked Whimsy patterned paper (1 for each note card)
- Strips of the Eat Drink & be Scary patterned paper (bats & fence & scary faces!)
Things from your supplies/Paper Garden Projects:
- Onyx Black Versafine Ink Pad
- Watercolour pencils & Niji watercolour brush or Inks, markers, other colouring medium
- Sakura Star dust Gelly Roll Pen
- Crystal Lacquer, Oh so sticky tape, foam mounting tape, (and/or other adhesives)
- Silver cording
(I used Black Magic Spell cardstock Love that stuff!)
Pumpkin template here & 3x3 box template here
Black Magic Spell cardstock is a great choice because you get the spooky textured black but the other side & core is coloured (which I love for three fun reasons):
- You can cut it to 8.5 inches & run it through the printer (You can see where the lines are to cut it out easily)
- You get a flash of colour inside the box (or a black interior)
- you can sand it and reveal the colour
Step 1. Stamp 'Peter Pumpkin' on the circle & colour him
Step 2. Print & cut out the pumpkin template
Step 3. Trace the pumpkin onto the orange cardstock & trace it onto the patterned paper strips (the scary faces & the fence) to cut them to fit. Stick the patterned paper onto the Pumpkin.
Step 4. Stamp Peter Pumpkin in black ink & emboss him in clear embossing powder. Colour him with watercolour pencils or your favourite colouring medium. Adhere him to the pumpkin.
Step 5. Add adhesive to the pumpkin & adhere to the box
Step 6. Paint details on the pumpkin (I used a wash of light green ink.) Embellish it with leaves and paper curls. (To make paper curls just slice a thin piece of paper and wrap it around a small paint brush or pencil to curl it.)
Step 1. Cut note cards (6 inches by 3 inches) & score in the middle (at 3 inches)
Step 2. Cut circle mat out of black textured cardstock. (Cut into a circle 2 1/8 inches in diameter.)
Step 3. Stamp 'Peter Pumpkin' onto white cardstock circle in black ink & emboss with clear embossing powder.
Step 4. Watercolour pencils & Niji watercolour brush or Inks, markers, other colouring medium. Optional: Add glitter with a Sakura Star dust Gelly Roll Pen & coat the pumpkin with Crystal Lacquer for shine.
Step 5. Assemble it: Add strips of the Eat Drink & be Scary patterned paper (bats & fence.) Adhere mat & stamped 'Peter Pumpkin' circle to the note card.
Step 1. Punch a circle from the Wicked Whimsy patterned paper. Edge it with a black marker & adhere it with foam mounting tape
Step 2. Stamp "Happy Halloweenie" in black ink & emboss it (on the white cardstock.)
Step 3. Tear the bottom of the paper.
Step 4. Edge it in a non-permanent black marker & smudge it with a water brush.
Step 5. Adhere the sentiment with foam mounting tape
If you'd like to see a photo tutorial on the basics of box making (by tracing the template onto cardstock) please see this post. This method is great for tracing with white pencil crayon onto black cardstock.
Click HERE :O)