Friday, December 5, 2008

Square Label or Note shape Templates (& some cards)



Sorry for the wait today, still wrangling with Mr. Migraine (jerk, haha) A couple of simple Christmas cards that were made with some rectangular label & square label templates (linked below)...Thought you might wanna use them if you like the shape but don't have the dies. They're nestable.

My favourite way to use them is to print them on the back of whatever paper I'm using & cut them out. Then you never see the ink. Of course, you can also make one into a template & trace it if you want to conserve paper. You can resize these JPGs if you like to get even more sizes, or you can use the PDFs as is which measure as noted below

PDFs are linked HERE (sml, med, lrg) & HERE too (lrg & jumbo)...or individually below:

Small Square Labels:
(1 7/8 inches square)


Medium Labels:
(2 & a teensy bit inches square)




Just 3 Large Square Labels:
(2 2/8 inches square)



Large Square Labels:
(2 2/8 inches square)


Jumbo Square Labels:

(3 1/8 inches square)





And a little detail on the big 5.5" card that I had fun with:



Stitching the snowline and knotting before finishing each stitch for a different look. The white along there (behind the mat too) is a white marker from CTMH. I just lurve that puppy!

Deets for da Cards:

5.5" card: Single "Scroll Tree" stamp by Hero Arts (F4927) stamped in black Craft ink & embossed with Ranger Superfine silver e.p. (Embossing is scraped for depth.) Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye "Wish Paper" (SGC121) White embroidery thread. Brown brads (Making Memories) rectangle label mats: Always Artichoke & Chocolate Chip

The sky is stamped with CHF's "Snowdot Backgrounder" (retired) in white ink & embossed with Ranger Seawhite e.p. It's also sponged with Soft Sky reinker. The main card is stamped with the Snow Dots backgrounder too.

Kraft A2 card: The tree is from a set of 4 by Hero Arts called "Poetic Prints/ Nature's Silhouettes." The band across is Paisley (from Above the Mark-56005 I) It's embossed in silver on Chocolate cardstock from CTMH. The square label is Soft Sky c.s. with Snow Dots CHF backgrounder embossed in silver. The bottom of the Kraft card is Cuttlebugged with Snowflakes embossing folder.

1 2/8" Square card: Lovely as a Tree stamped on Chocolate cs from CTMH & embossed in Ranger Seawhite e.p. The Kraft card is Cuttlebugged with Snow Dots embossing folder. The Soft Sky square label mat has silver embossed Snow Dots too. The snow is painted with Shimmerz (Angel Wings).

Hope you find these useful &
That you're having a wonderful day!
:O)
Mel

26 comments:

Kim Etherington said...

I love the blue and one with that paper I gave you card. They all are great, but that is so eyecatching.

Joani McDonald said...

Oh Mel, these are beautiful! And of course my darn printer has decided to stop working. Maybe it knew it was Christmas :)
Hugs,
Joani

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love theses cards Mel - really nice and the colours are great. You can almost feel the snow coming down! Thanks for the templates too - I'm hoping that we'll get the Top Note die in next year's catalogue but if not, I can use your templates instead!

mitch1066 said...

what a great idea ,i'd love the dies but they are just out of the budget right now.This is a great solution...very smart:)

retiredheather said...

Thanks so much Mel for the templates. I love the card with the tree. wonderful
Happy Holidays
Heather

Maria said...

Who needs to buy a die when we can come to your site for all the fabulous templates! I love your pretty cards. . .one of them actually looks like metal. Very pretty1! I love the snow design on the image. . .it feels like winter looking at your card.

Maria

Mary said...

Your cards are sooo pretty! These are awesome - and the details are great! Thanks for creating for all of us :)

Jami said...

Sorry to hear Mr Migraine is still bugging you!!

Love the cards - I've always found tree images to be so peaceful, and you've created a perfectly peaceful scene with the colors too!!
hugs, Jami

Unknown said...

Mel these are beautiful--simply stunning. We always get to see the best of the best on your blog. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

-Gracie at EverythingCricut.blogspot.com

Libby Dyson said...

I haven't had time to check your Blog for a couple of days. Gee mel all these wonderful shares - you are a very creative person and very generous of nature. thanks so much

Candy said...

Hi Mel,
Thank you so much for the templates. it gets so expensive to buy everything out there. I really appreciate them!!
LOVE all of your cards. I love trees and the one with the curly branches is really different. You have captured the feeling of winter in all 3 cards and I could look at them forever.
I am greatful for your generosity !!!

Etha said...

oh wow, the knotty line, the snow, the brads! perfect!! totally love all the cards, beautiful colors, yumm! tell Mr. Migrane to go where no grass is...stupid ;)

Sheila said...

Gorgeous cards Mel.......and thanks so much for the brilliant templates. I love these shapes.

Janine said...

These cards are simply beautiful Mel... Hope you are well and having a great weekend...

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Mel, you are so inspiring me lately!!! I've got several ideas in my head just from this one post on your blog! That large 5x5 card is AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing these templates with me. I love them!

Shirley said...

No favorite here! They are all drop dead gorgeous! So elegant too!

Elena said...

Mel! Your Christmas cards are gorgeous! Love the vintage look!

Mari said...

Geez, Mel! You're so crafty, I think I'm jealous! ;)
Thanks so much for giving us the templates... and the cards are fab! I love all the stitching, so much that I *almost* wish I could sew.... Nah... ;)

Cathrine StClair said...

These are beautiful Mel! I love the color combo - its so frosty and goes perfectly with the snowy images.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow Mel beautiful and thanks for the templates...this saves me a TON of cash, actually b/c I was just about to purchase some dies for this...you ROCK!

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

I have to say that out of all the blogs I look at everyday - I absolutely love yours the most! You are so talented and I love your ideas. Now if I could just get it together and try some of them. You are the best!

femminismo said...

These cards are so beautiful! I love the tree and want to make one just like it. Maybe I can make my own stamp???? Hope that migraine went away ... and why are you packing? I think I read two different posts, but oh, well. Maybe you know what I'm talking about. I don't! ; ) jeanne in oregon

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Mel! I love the look of the snowing on the trees.

Unknown said...

I love your blog and as always, you have provided all of us with some awesome materials to keep playing with!! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful alternative to cutting dies. Just can't get right now..templates are great

Luanne said...

thank you! for the templates.