Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grazing Sheep Cupcake: the Party Animals are in da House!!!



The Animals are in da House!!! Or should that be the Farm Friends are outta da Barn? You get the idea... ;o) It's here!


It comes with...
(The Goods!): Farmyard Friends by Pink Cat: rubber stamps on EZ mount (registered my favourite way.) With textured Bazzill Cardstock...And Basic Grey paper & embellishments too...and May Arts ribbon. It also comes with photos & instructions for projects... Last, but not least, a Tabbed Chipboard album (too snifty!)

I can't wait to show you the fun stuff I've been up to with these guys (and templates & tutorials too). I think Cathy had a psychic stampin' thing going on when she made this kit (I have longed for a sheep stamp for ages (there are 3 sheep in this set) and these are my favourite papers & goodies.) I want to show you everything at once, but I'd better quell my stampanimal instints! ;O)

This little cupcake
was too fun (and mmmm... chocolate.) I can just imagine a hold herd of these party animals...

To make the Little Grazing Sheep:

Supplies:
(These are from the Paper Garden Projects FarmYard Friends Stamp Kit)

Stamp: Sheep with flower in its mouth ( design by Pink Cat Studio)
1 small piece of Wedding White Cardstock

Other Materials:
(From your stash or Paper Garden Projects)

Black ink
Copic Markers: Black, BG-15 Aqua, & RV-11 Pink
watercolour pencil crayons
White Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet marker

Scissors or a Stampin' Up word window punch
Tombow Monomulti
Tooth pick or Skewer

Cupcakes & Icing (Here's the recipe I used: Chocolate Cupcakes from Martha.)

Paper Cupcake cups


Step 1) Stamp/emboss the Sheep from the Party Farm Animals on a piece of Wedding White cardstock

Step 2) Colour your image however you like (I used Copics on the flower (BG-15 Aqua) & for a blush on the face (RV-11 Pink)

Step 3) Add a little shadowing (I used watercolour pencil crayons in grey & a light touch of black)



Step 4) Make your sheep puffy using a White Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet marker. To add puffy pen details:
  • Shake it up
  • Colour it on (I like to dab in dots)
  • Heatgun it right away for lots of puff (for less puff, let it dry before heat gunning it)
Step 5) Cut your sheep out & adhere it to a toothpick or squewer (Tombow Monomulti or Crystal Lacquer is handy for that)

To get a super white paper cup cake wrapper: just double or triple it up. :O)

Making Icing Grass:

To make icing look like grass, you can use a number 233 tip (if you have an icing gun.) For those who don't have an icing gun, you can get store-bought icing and pierce the tip of it to make the strands of grass. I found 2 tubes handy (1 for the crumb coat & 1 to create a grass tip with):



Step 1) Add a quick crumb coat of icing



Step 2) Sterilize your paper piercer (boiling water does the trick) & pierce the end of the icing tube to create several holes in it.



Step 3)
Test it out & make sure your holes are large enough. Sometimes the easiest way to manipulate the store-bought tubes is to twist the end of it. Apply the icing to the cuppiecake & pull away to create tufts of grass...



Thanks so much for stopping in!


Want to see more Farm Fun?

Quick Links:

The Kit
Cathy's Blog
Tracy's blog
:O)


16 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

Mel this is so cute, luv how you pierce the tube and that little sheep so darn adorable :)
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

This is fantastic,i think its really sweet( no pun intended)love the idea of making the grass. :)

Allison Rankin said...

Ha ha...such a great creation! Is he edible?

Erum Tasneem said...

damn you are good! I love the grass idea! Cool!

Emily said...

Such a great idea...I'm using it :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable! Oh my I can just see my little one's faces covered in that green LOL!. What a cute little sheep!

Cazzy said...

That is great, I love the kit but I see it only ships (normally) to the US and Canada.

I expect it would be a lot of postage to ship to the U.K. but I would like to find that out.

Unknown said...

soooooo cute!!

Elena said...

How sweet! Love your cupcake and a sheep, Mel!

Peggy Maier said...

So CUTE! Who woulda thought!

Anonymous said...

VERY VERY cute! the little sheep is so cute too~!

Denise said...

Very neat! That cupcake looks so yummy...

sparkx said...

'I love you I do'

Melissa said...

OMGosh, how cute is that cupcake!!!
What a fun project!

Maria said...

Mel, you are a woman of many talents! LOL! Love your cupcake and what a fun way to decorate a cupcake. Looks yummy. I wonder if you can put a picture of me grazing on the yummy frosting! LOL!!


Maria

Candy said...

Mel, :o)
This is just the cutest idea. I would never have known how to make the grass icing look so real. Thank you so much for telling us how!