Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Naughty or Nice? Tree shaped card template a la Martha



...He's making a list, checkin' it twice,
gonna find out who's naughty or nice...

Not even Halloween yet & I'm already pestering you with Christmas templates. Well it is the 25th today (exactly 4 months until Christmas-Can you believe it?)

This template told me it wanted to be altered and be adaptable, so I just had to share it. I can't take credit for the idea at all. It's from Martha et al and it's the sweetest tree shaped photo card. It's a fantabulous template as is, but the original has clip art (and we wanna stamp, right?) ;o)

Anywho, I had to be naughty and alter it: once to remove the clip art and lines for direct printing & another time to add tabs so it could be made into a standing 3D tree. But Santa, I do promise to make up for being bad by borrowing this template (by using my Martha punches and glitter later--when I actually make something with the template.) ;o) For now, I'm putting off some projects until my eyeglass prescription is ready...


You can print the second & third templates (below) right on cardstock.
To make it that way, just.....
  1. ...print the template & cut it out.
  2. ...stamp & alter it however you like
  3. ...use the little lines at the ends as a guide for scoring
  4. ...fold it to be a tree card or standing 3D tree
The original and the altered templates are all converted to JPGs so that you can change them with your photo software if you like [resize it or darken or lighten or erase lines or fill with digital patterns in photoshop (or in gimp which is free)....]

ORIGINAL:


ALTERED TO BE PRINTABLE:



ALTERED FOR A 3D TREE or CONE:


If you'd prefer the PDFs please just let me know
& I'll upload and link 'em.

You can download the PDFs for the
2 altered templates
here (3D tree) & here (card)
(they might require borderless printing)

Hope you can use this! It might also
make a great cone template...


7 comments:

Dawn said...

ugh..you had to remind me...4months!
adorable!! tfs=)

csroyal said...

Definitely going to try this one, Mel. Can't wait to see what you create with it. I hope the glasses make you life a lot better with less headaches. Of course, I hope you see better, too!

This N That said...

These are really neat! I love coming to your page! Its always so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your talents and ideas with us!

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool Mel. I just don't know if I have enough hours in the day, or days in the year to do all these projects!

Dawn♥ said...

Ahhh Mel what a cute project. Thanks for always being an inspiration. ;)
♥Dawn♥

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 26 Aug [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 27 Aug [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Im.HeartGem said...

Thanks bunches!