Paper Garden Projects Garden Walk blog hop!
We know you've been nice & never naughty, so
to win some goodies, please just:
1) Follow the hop order (below)--visit the Paper Gardeners' blogs & subscribe
2) Make a little list with the designers and their treats on it
3) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight-EST Nov 24
1...Blog hop prize information
2...Candy Cane cookie land (cookie tin gift idea)
3...Cookie recipe (Walnut Shorbread with Candy Cane)
4...Blog hop order
Here's all the prize info, courtesy of Cathy:
"Everyone who sends the correct list of designers and treats will be entered in a random drawing to win one of 3 prizes. You need to send an e-mail to the address above; please don't leave your list as a comment. You have until midnight (EST) on Nov. 24 to make your list and check it twice....
The first prize is a festive collection of Holiday paper crafting goodies.
The prize includes:
- The Classic Christmas Prism Cardstock Collection
- A Penny Black Jolly Follies clear stamp set
- Green self adhesive rhinestones
- May Arts red grosgrain ribbon
- May Arts tan twill ribbon
- May Arts white rickrack ribbon
- A collection of coordinating dew droplets and buttons
The third prize is a $5 gift certificate to the Paper Garden Projects store."
This is a speedy project to dress up holiday baking. And these sweet tins from Paper Garden Projects are the perfect size for cookie giving--you won't be cursed silently for an over-sized box of confections that will shatter someone's diet. LOL.
from Paper Garden Projects
- Tin to embellish
- Winter Neighbourhood stamp (eat cake graphics)
- Black ink & clear embossing powder
- Tombow Monomulti & Oh so Sticky tape
- Puffy Velvet pen & Glitter
- White ribbon (I want it White Collection)
- Copic Markers
Step 2) Stamp the Winter Neighbourhood image and emboss it. Two Winter Neighbourhood images fit perfectly around these tins.
Step 3) Colour it. I used Copics in shades of Candy Cane. :o)
Step 4) Add puffy velvet pen snow
Step 5) Add quickie glue & glitter to the snow
Step 6) Cut the neighbourhood out
Step 7) Adhere it to the bottom of the tin
1 cup butter cold
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup finely ground walnuts
1 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Crushed candy canes (to top)
1) Add cold butter (chopped up into pieces 1" or less) & sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat some
2) Add ground walnuts & vanilla to the mix. Beat some more.
3) Sift dry ingredients (flour, icing sugar, pinch salt, & cinnamon.)
4) Beat the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in 3 parts. Whip well with your beater for flaky crispy cookies.
5) Shape into balls & flatten with a cookie press, a very clean stamp, the bottom of a glass...or your hands. Top with crushed candy canes.
6) Place 1" apart on an ungreased Cookie sheet & bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes (or until golden.)
7) After baking, put them in the tins...and give them away as soon as humanly possible. LOL ;o)
Hope your day is a sweet one,