This is for my aunt Kat (who's more like a best friend than an aunt.)
She's a "Domestic Goddess" who loves colour (especially yellow!)
- Stamp Sets MFT Lovin from the oven & Clearly Sentimental About Food (available Feb 3rd at MFT)
- Perfect Paper Panels, Black Archival ink, Versamark, clear embossing powder, heat gun
- Water-based CTMH markers, Copic markers
- Sakura glitter pen (stardust) Diamond Glaze, Tombow Monomulti
- Turquoise Cardstock
- Paper piercer, needle, blue-green thread & seed beads
- Silver thread & pearly seed bead
ETA: all fixed up, now. :o)
Step 1) Stamp the MFT Lovin from the Oven image in fairly smudge proof ink. I like to emboss in clear to ensure no smudging...
Step 2) Emboss a pattern over top of it in clear.
Step 3) Add colouring details (I wanted some stripes in a darker yellow/orange)
Step 4) Fill in the rest of your colours. I used water-based markers from CTMH, to get a resist effect (the embossed pattern resists) and then Copic markers on the areas I wanted more solid (like her skin & the spoon and the shading of the bowl and here & there) :O)
Step 5) Stitch on a necklace & bracelet (using silver thread & a pearly seed bead)
Step 6) Pierce around the frame part of the image.
Step 7) Sew on greeny blue seed bead border.
Step 8) Pierce & add knots of yellow embroidery thread to embellish her apron.
Step 9) Stamp the measuring cup from Lovin in the oven, draw some wee numbers on it, cover it in Sakura glitter pen & Crystal Lacquer.
Step 10) Cut away most of the original tag on a bundle of tea-towels...
to hide the original product tag):
Kim's blog (at 11:00AM EST) :o)