...scratching things, sewing on beads, some text in there somewheres...
(...and poor sad Squirrel is sooooh lonely)
...BUT, fret not friends, Squirrel has buddies!
There are other critters in the set he lives in... Owls!
Tonight is the launch of 2 brand spankin' new My Favorite Things
sets that are sure to be pleasers. I can barely wait for you to see
everything the MFT team made with them. DrooL!
If you aren't already hopping, and you'd like to
be, please start here on Kim's blog.
If you're already hoping, then
(I can't wait to see what incredible creation she's made.)
- New MFT clear stamp set Sheltering Tree
- Black Archival Brilliance ink, clear embossing powder, heat gun
- Copic Markers (or what have you)
- MFT digi paper from the Winter Collection (Winter Green Snowflakes printed in black & white at 20% on Heavy weight 100lb white Sweet tooth cardstock
- Recycled cardboard card (folded to be 5.5" square)
- Glitzy Glitter & clear lacquer glue
- Pearl seed beads, paper piercing tool, needle & thread.
- Sentiment "Miss You" SRM stickers
- Distress ink (Antique Linen & Brushed Corduroy); waterbrush
- Non-permanent Staedtler lumocolor black marker
1A) Print the snowflake paper from MFT's Winter Digital paper collection (I increased the contrast & printed at 20% size....in gray scale or just black & white on my printer--I like the fast setting. It saves a lot of ink.)
1B) Add some colour & shading texture to make a stormy sky: Scribble some Copic marker ink (C7 Cool Gray no 7) onto an acrylic block. Pick it up with a very wet colourless blender & stipple it onto the background paper (I used the broad chissel end to stipple.) Add Frost Blue B00 Copic as well. Distress the edges with black ink.
Step 2) Make a snowy hill with text on it:
2A) Print some cardstock with a text image (to make your own text paper)
2B) Cut it into a curvy hill shape.
2C) Shade it with Copic markers, or whatever you like to colour with. (I used Copics: B00 Frost Blue & BG10 Cool Shadow)
Step 1) Emboss the tree trunk (in clear):
A) Stamp the tree in Versamark (or other clear embossing ink)
B) Cover it in clear embossing powder & melt that with a heat gun
C) Sponge Distress inks (or other colour) over the clear embossed tree. (I covered it in Antique Linen Distress Ink.)
D) Go over the Distress inks with a damp water brush. Add darker colours of distress ink, to shade. (This one was shaded with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.)
E) Let the wet distress ink dry some & cut the tree out (I cut the bottom in a wave, to make it look like it was sitting in snow.)
F)Scratch fine bark lines in the tree trunk using a paper piercing tool (dragging it to make grooves in the paper.)
G) Add deeper bolder shadows with Copics or other markers. (I used: E44 Clay; E71 Champagne; & YG91 Putty and an overhead marker (non-permanent marker [Staedtler lumocolor black marker] which sounds weird but was fun because using water over it made neat colour effects: it bled out kind of like Distress Inks.)
Step 1) Add snow to the tree branches: Tear & cut bits of text paper & glue them on. (Looks downright horrendous from the back, but hopefully cool from the front. LOL)
Step 2) Pierce holes in the sky for beaded snow (or add dots with a gel pen, if you don't want to stitch.) :o)
Step 3) ...Stitch on the beads...
Step 1) Stamp the squirrel (This nutty little dude comes in the Sheltering Tree set too, he's stamped in Brushed Corduroy Distress ink & embossed in clear embossing powder.)
Step 2) Colour him. (He's just painted with more distress inks)
Step 3) Finally, add glittery ice to the snowy tree & the ground (I Put glue on the snowy branches & sprinkled with Glitzy Glitter)
...and that's it for the card...
MFT VIP kit & new release info:
The kit has these goodies in it:
- Top Shelf stamp set (Who's That Girl)
- Top Shelf ribbons (7/8” grosgrain in white, black, wisteria, grey, sunflower) MFT NEW EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT. This is a “BLIND” addition to the kit. You will be one of the FIRST to receive and use this product! It’ll be a happy surprise!
- Top Shelf Sentiments FREE ($9 value)
Also available tonight (April 20th at 10 PM EST)
- Sheltering Tree stamp set $17.95 (used here)
- Sheltering Tree digi paper pack $3.95
- Sheltering Tree 4.5" square box