It's the release party & the Blog Hop and Shop too
(links are below, if you're curious)
Today (Wednesday April 7th at 11 AM E.S.T) you'll find links to
all the day 5 teaser posts here on Kim's blog!
1...Release Party & Blog Hop n Shop info
2...New & Nifty Mom & Baby Teaser sets for MFT
3...Details of this Baby Bump project
My Favorite Things release...
tonight in the MFT forum here on SCS.
The release parties with this gang are some fun, let me tell you. :-D
Hope to see you there!
...and the Blog Hop & Shop is tonight as well
at 10:00 PM EST here on Kim's blog
New Baby & Mom sets:
- Baby Bump (The image used here.)
- Baby Bump additions
- Clearly Sentimental About Babies
- Clearly Sentimental About Mothers
(Wednesday April 7th) in the MFT boutique here.
Like... "The baby made me do it" LOL
(You'll see them used brilliantly in the other Teasers by the MFT gals)
BUT...I just had 'cheat' and make up some silly
sayings that popped in my head:
"Shopping for 2" "Shopping & Popping"
"Shopping Day & Night" "Shopping 24-7"
To get the image on textured black, I did this stuff:
- Stamped a tiny text stamp on a Perfect Paper Panel in Versamark.
- Swiped black ink over it (to get ghosting) & heated it dry.
- Stamped the Baby Bump image over it in silver ink & embossed it.
- Coloured some areas with white marker (CTMH)-sidewalk, pants, arms.
- Paper pieced her shirt on white & shaded it with gray Copic.
- Paper pieced the bags (on cardstock stamped with a text stamp on it)
- Coloured the bags with Copics & dotted with a white Sakura Souffle pen (with Copic over it)
- Assembled everything & added silver metallic pen dots.
The MFT digi papers are embroidered with pink knots
& faux stitched with silver pen:
The Houndstooth paper (from Simply Spring) printed awesomely
on the fast setting in gray scale (uses barely any ink) but I love the pattern.
(The grey is printed on white Sweet Tooth cardstock &
the black pattern is printed on gray cardstock.)
Colouring ribbon with Copic markers is a cheap trick that
I find extra fun. It not only lets you add a pattern if you want to, it also
stiffens the ribbon, so you can shape it into a perfect bow (!) GRIN :-D
This started out life as white Taffeta ribbon:
It became pink polka dotted ribbon this way:
- Tied the bow (Just a basic bow.)
- Coloured it with a quick base of Sugared Almond Pink RV02.
- Shaped it (it gives you some working time if you colour reasonably quickly.)
- Added the dots in Rose Red R85 by drawing them on.
- Adhered it to the card (the center first & then the tails)
- MFT stamp set Baby Bump (releases tonight!)
- Perfect Paper Panels
- Brilliance Black Archival ink, Clear embossing powder, heat gun
- Copic markers, White CTMH marker
- Paper piercer, Needle, Embroidery thread (for pink knots),
- Glue Glider Pro Perma Tac, Tombow Monomulti, & foam tape
- Paper cutter; Scissors & Scoring tools
- White taffeta ribbon (coloured with pink Copic Markers (R85 & RV02)
- MFT Simply Spring Digital Papers (available as the whole collection here or as just this pattern here: Houndstooth the gray paper (on Sweet tooth white cardstock) & black Houndstooth (on grey cardstock.)
Thanks so much for visiting.
Hope your day is filled with craftiness!