Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Hi Sweet Cheeks!" (Meet Emma & Wyatt)

MFT Meet Emma & Wyatt gatefold mel stampz

Ahhhh, don't you just love LOVE?
This pair of smitten sweeties gives me the giggles.

They're two of MFT's newest characters Emma & Wyatt

...and another giggle-worthy thing:
my Die-namics arrived! Yeaaaah for Happy Mail!

MFT die-namics clouds

Cloud dies! If I could have invented a die of my dreams,
these would be it. Fo' sho'!
(Brilliant idea, Jody!)

...and please don't pass out on me, but I did the inside of the card...

MFT Meet Emma & Wyatt gatefold INSIDE mel stampz

(kind of had to, since it's a gatefold.) ;o)



1... New & Nifty: Meet Emma & Wyatt (and Die-Namics!?!)
2... How to make this gatefold card

-1-

New Characters...

Okay, I think I might owe your wallet an apology...
this month's sets are too cute. Sorry!
heehee

Here are today's new My Favorite Things sets:
You'll find all of today's projects linked up here on Kim's Blog
--at 11:00 AM E.S.T. today.



CloudsSMALL


Die-namics Clouds $14.95

Small – 1.25” wide and .70” tall
Medium – 1.89” wide and 1.06” tall
Large – 2.51” wide and 1.41” tall



(You guys know how I loves me some clouds!) :O)

-2-

...make this gatefold card:




Step 1) Stamp, Colour, & cut out Emma & Wyatt (They're embossed, as usual: heat embossed in black brilliance ink on Perfect Paper panels, with clear embossing powder and a heat gun.) ;O)

Step 2) Paper piece Emma's dress & Wyatt's shirt (Vinnie Pearce digital paper shaded with Copic marker Champagne E71 & a colourless blender)

I added an embroidery thread knot to make the center of the flower in Emma's hair:



heeheehee Love that little expression!



Step 3) Make a plain 5 and 1/2 inch square gatefold card:
  • Cut a standard piece of Sno Cone cardstock to measure 11 x 5 and 1/2 inches
  • Score it at 2 and 3/4 inches
  • Rotate the cardstock & Score at 2 and 3/4 inches on the other side


Step 4) Add some patterned paper Cut 2 rectangles to measure 2 and 5/8" x 5 and 3/8" Adhere them to the square gatefold card. (I used Vinnie Pearce digi paper)



Step 5) Make a heart to go on the gatefold card.

5A) Print & Trace a heart template onto MFT digital cloud paper
, from the Sheltering Tree collection. I used this heart template from Kiddyhouse.com. Printing it at 115% & cutting the large heart out to get one that's 5.5" wide.

5B) Make & add a hill:
  • Trace the heart again (the bottom) to make a hill (more Vinnie Pearce paper)
  • Distress the hill (I used a wet paint brush to smudge the inkjet printer ink
  • Adhere it to the heart sky
5C) Cut the heart in half



Step 6) Make some Die-namics clouds:



Do It Yourself Mod Podge fabric/canvas (on cardstock)
(It's surprisingly quick to make, easy to use, and superbly cheap) ;o)

6A) Tear or cut a piece of fabric. (This is a piece from an old pillowcase)
6B) Pour some Mod Podge onto heavy weight cardstock
6C) Spread the wet Mod Podge evenly (I use a scrap piece of cardstock)
6D) Put the fabric on the wet Mod Podge, rub it gently & Let dry



6E)Cut the fabric cardstock in your pressure machine...
this is the Cuttlebug sandwich (or stack) for Die-namics:

Machine: Cuttlebug
Material: Fabric Fabric glued to heavy weight 100lb card stock

Stack (from top to bottom)

C plate ("Thin die adapter")
Die-namics Clouds Die (face down)
Fabric glued to heavy weight 100lb card stock
B plate ("Cutting pad")
A plate ("Spacer")



Step 7) Adhere the clouds to the 2 heart halves (cutting the big cloud in half)

Step 8) Adhere the sentiment from Emma & Wyatt "Hi" and add black elispses "..." with a black Multiliner (or other permanent marker)



Step 9) Pierce & stitch the clouds Punch holes with a paper piercing tool, & stitch with ivory thread.

Step 10) Finish it up:

10A) Stitch the heart (I pierced holes around the edge & stitched in black thread) and...

10B)...add some button closures:



They're sewn on & then wrapped with embroidery thread (to keep the gatefold closed so the cuties hold hands.) :-D



10C) Add some butterflies; these are cut from the Vinnie Pearce digi paper. They're doodled on with silver pen (for their bodies) & pencil (for their antennae.)



10D) Cut panels for the inside [These panels are made with the same digi paper--lightened by increasing the lightness in the saturation setting in Photoshop. The middle section is cut to measure 5 3/8", the two side panels are 2 and 5/8 x 5 and 3/8") I pierced & added faux stitches inside with a Multiliner (black fine marker.)]

10E) Cut one of the small heart templates for the inside, trace it on the MFT cloud digi paper, pierce, stitch it with black thread, and add the rest of the sentiment: ...Sweet Cheeks.

And that's it!


Thanks for bein' You!


P.S. For those of you who are wonderful enough to wonder/worry about my madness my schedule... ;o) I'm just going a little overboard right now since it's teaser time for MFT, and I don't wanna miss the excitement of it all. I promise to chill out soon (mostly). heehee. oxo



34 comments:

Dazie said...

Stunning absolutely stunning I love the image I love the card, I love it all!!!! Thank you for the tutorial too!
Dazie
x

lastivka said...

it's so cute! thank you for inspiration! fabulous card!!! you're very talented!

debinicol said...

OMGoodness...do you ever sleep, eat, or clean the dishes? YOU are so very talented that I wonder if you do anything else...YOU ARE A HUGE BLESSING!!! God bless you more and more with talents you don't keep to yourself but share with crafters...you are the BOMB!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Mel, love your card for today and the cute little PI bathing girl from yesterday. You are totally amazing! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Oh that is SO cute! Their expressions are priceless. I love that you made them on a heart. Awesome job!

Beth Greco

lilscrappers said...

wahhhhh, Mel, I wanna try this too and I promised no more stamps, no more buying and you come up with a fantastic project before I even finish playing at the last one! I love it, the gatefold (the finished inside, lol) and learning to play with digi paper. And I SOOO want the cloud dienamic, regardless of budget, you are right, love me some clouds teeheee

Dawn said...

ACK!!! brilliant is right! LOVE those clouds!!
As usual, you've outdone yourself! So sweet!! And, yes, I needed a paper bag when I saw that you'd finished the INside!! haha!

Just tooo stinkin cute kiddo! Take a nap...rest....
xoxoxxxx

Nancyroo said...

Sooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome .... love the modge podge idea ... thanks for the perfect tutorial! All the needlework really sets this off too (and I have been wanting to try my Scor Pal .... gatefold here I come.
Especially glad to hear this rev up is temporary for Teaser Time ... remember your plan :)

Terry

Наталья said...

I am in a delight! Very beautiful card!

Ruth said...

This is absolutely fantastic, like all your projects!! Ruth x

Pam said...

I love this card it is cute with a grunge factor! I will be checking out those stamps tomorrow...they are too sweet!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Suzana said...

When I think you have exhausted all ideas, surprised again with a new wonderful product! Again some very nice!

Sherrie said...

This is out of this world cool! Love your creative thought process! Love this type of fold card for this...wish I would have thought of that! Fantastic job Mel!

Barb said...

More fabulosity... you are amazing :)

Barbara said...

Another totally fabulous project, Mel! Just too CUTE!!

mekei said...

i'm sorry i don't comment more often. u r amazing. all the time and talent to make these projects and then 3 times the time to share with us. thank you.

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Mel! The gatefold is PERFECT for this cute pair!

g said...

made my heart skip a beat-this is oh so wonderful!! thank you for the amazing tutorial- i cannot WAIT to get those cloud dies either and your pillow case fabric is brilliant! we all love ya!!

Holly Young said...

So cute and still just love your hair texturizing!

Melody said...

I LOVE this! The colors, the layout, all the great little details! AMAZING!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [04 May 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Shirley N said...

Another adorable project and tutorial. Love this Mel!!!

PepPop said...

Absolutely amazing! Jaqui x

jess said...

Just gorgeous and so your style!! Loving your work. You seem to have a burst of creativity at the moment. Hope you are getting plenty of rest and breaks to allow this creativity to go on. Thank you!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl you are AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

Love them - she just needs glasses and silver hoop earrings! ;p

Megan said...

This is darling. I love all the little details--especially the little knot in her flower! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, freakin' brilliant!!!

America said...

amazing work! Love the design and your fab tutorial! Thank you!

Alice said...

wow! fabulous card! i love love love this!! so fun and creative!! thanks for sharing!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You never cease to amaze me!!! Gorgeous!!!

Judith said...

This is a real bobby dazzler, amazing i really love it x

Created By You said...

What a sweet card!! thanks for the tutorial step by step!