Welcome to the MFT Hop & Shop! :-)
Today, a speedy project for a change. I had a blast with the new Pure Innocence image ($9) and I tried to make this a quick project tutorial for those who have less time on their hands. :O)
Rinse Lather Repeat...
(Inside the box it says "Baby Yourself" heehee)
The bead bubbles are so fast, but they look real enough to give ya the giggles:
(They seem to look more bubbly in real life) :o)
If you haven't started yet & would like to hop
The hopping starts here on Kim's blog!
- 4.5" square box template
- New MFT clear stamp set: Rinse, Lather, Repeat (available here tonight)
- ...stamped on Perfect paper panels
- ...with Black Brilliance ink, clear embossing powder & a heat gun
- Copic markers
- Sweet tooth heavy weight cardstock
- TADA digital paper (flowers) from etsy & scrap of BasicGrey Origins
- Green & light turquoise cardstock
- Paper piercing tool, needle & thread,
- Beacon's 3 in 1 advanced craft glue & lots of clear seed beads
- Black Multiliner/permanent marker
- White cotton ribbon (from DressSew in Vancouver)
Step 1) Print the 4.5 inch square box bottom:
Print the MFT template for the 4.5 inch box bottom on green cardstock
Score it (where the tick marks show), cut it, & crease the folds.
(I used the version of the template that has no score lines on it, so it would be tidy inside.)
Step 2) Print & embellish the box lid:
- Print the template for the lid (this is printed on digital patterned paper)
- Score it, cut it, & crease the folds.
- Scallop the edges & trim the 4 flaps to fit behind the scallops.
Step 3) Add faux stitches with a black marker (speedy for a change!) ;O)
Step 4) Assemble the lid...
(tabs on the inside)
Step 5) Assemble the box bottom (tabs on the inside again) :o)
Step 6) Cut patterned paper to decorate the inside of the box bottom--4 1-4 inches square.
Step 7) Stamp & colour top of the tub with the Pure Innocence gal (from the Rinse Lather Repeat set.)
Step 8) Stamp & cut just the bottom for the tub (to layer under it) Colour the bathtub feet with metallic pen.
Step 9) Cheap trick: Stamp extra images to use a paper spacers (cut roughly.) Lately, I find this not only more affordable, but also more tidy than foam tape. (I guess I'm a bit cheap & a touch neurotic.) ynuk ynuk.
Step 10) Bubble the bath up with seed beads:
- Add clear glue to the bubble bath part of the image.
- Sprinkle lots of little clear seed beads on the wet glue.
- Add a second layer of glue & beads if you want it really bubbly.
- Fill in with single beads in spots that got missed.
Neat thingy: Clear beads will pick up whatever colour you made the bubble bath on the image underneath. :o) I wanna do a rainbow coloured bath next time... and inchies with that ducky. (He is off the hook cute at about a half an inch square.)
Thanks for visiting & hope you have a great Hop!
You can find all the Brand Spankin New set here.