Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Prettiest Bunny Bottom (Tutu Much)

cat's pajamas Tutu Much bunnies mel stampz

Okay, if you blush easily then whatever you do
don't read this patterned text paper...

prettiest bunny bottom

It says "and a provokingly short petticoat
to display the prettiest..."

then it cuts off.

So, you might ask,
"to display the prettiest..." what?

I guess, it's the prettiest bunny bottom:



(I did not plan this "cheekiness," honest!)

The text paper is actually Halloween paper with
the story from Sleepy Hollow.

Weird!

The only thing a little bit different with this card from the usual
(other than that accidentally silly text)
is the layered shadow stamp part:



It was such fun to stamp a little differently.

Well, and the tutu is a little out of the ordinary, for me
(it's made by stitching on ribbon):

cat's pajamas Tutu Much card ribbon tutu mel stampz

Whenever I get to make anything mini it gives me the giggles. :o)

Here's the inside of the card:

cat's pajamas Tutu Much bunnies INSIDE


I don't usually buy stamps (Lately, I stick with the instant gratification of digital images since I'm impatient & usually sloppy at stamping) but when I saw the bunny sets at Cat's Pajamas I knew I had to have them. They just feel artsy on top of being cute...

This clear stamp set has a bunch of dancing bunnies
(even the name of the set is too stinkin' cute):


I found myself drooling over
the amazing cards that the
Cat's Pajamas design team made.
All that gorgeous colour!


...make this Ballerina Bunnies card:


  • Tutu Much clear stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas
  • Archival Black Ink (Ranger)
  • Cardstock: Black, Speckle cream, River Rock, Gray
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities die Label 5
  • Misc. patterned papers
  • Clear embossing powder & heat gun
  • Copic markers, Prisma Colour pencil crayons,
  • White gel pen, Sakura glitter pen, black permanent marker
  • Silver thread, needle, paper piercer
  • Sticker sentiment from SRM Stickers
  • Black & silver organza ribbon


Step 1} Cut nesties label 5 die shape. Then trim it (I used two nesting shapes: one for image one for mat).



Step 2} Stamp and heat emboss a bunny, colour her & cut her out. I used Copic markers: Putty and a mix of Warm Gray & Cool Grays.



Step 3} Stamp three more bunnies on the white shape and colour them too. To make a shadow for the star of the Bunny Wabbit Ballet,colour it in with a dark gray marker (I used Copic marker: cool gray no 7).



As you can see from the image above, I overlapped the stamping. Since the front bunny is coloured in with a dark colour it's okay to overlap. Gives a little depth to it. :o)



Step 4}
Adhere the die cut mats to some patterned papers.

I just cut a piece of of paper in weird shapes. Though somehow, in hindsight, it ended up looking like a bunny tail. I covered it with a bow, cause it just looked odd!



Step 5}
Pierce around the mat, if you want to faux-sew or hand stitch. (You guessed it! I'm hand stitching...)



Step 6} Sew around the mat, if you like. This is silver metallic thread



Step 7}
Stitch some sheer organza ribbon onto the bunny's tutu (To give the ribbon a little curl, I melted it very very gently with a lighter first-especially the ends to stop them from fraying.) Add glitter pen to the other two tutus.



Step 8} Assemble the card:

A) Stick the bunnies onto the label shaped mat.
B) Add a little white hello sticker (SRM sticker sentiment)
C) Cut and add a scallop (top & bottom) punched from gray cardstock
D) Doodle on the scallop White gel pen then glitter pen & little black hearts
E) Add a mat (River Rock S.U. cardstock)
F) Stitch on a bow
G) Stick all of that onto a folded card (This one is a piece of black cardstock cut to 6-1-4 x 6-3/4. Scored down the middle & folded it makes a 6-1/4 by 3-3/8 card to fit a really common envelope size from the office supply store).



Step 9} Stamp a few bunnies on light cardstock for the inside of card. [I stamped in light gray ink on River Rock cardstock & coloured with pencil crayons (white and beige)]

...and that's it!

Blogger thumbnails for those who like to click 'em:


Thanks for hopping by! ;o)


P.S. These bunny bottom antics are unsolicited. Just stamps I couldn't resist buying.

18 comments:

Noreen said...

You are tutu funny, Mel!

Holly Young said...

so cute! I almost stitched something on a card and then decided not to and I thought to myself "Mel would!"
You always go the extra mile for us!

Beate said...

Awesome card!
Hugs and smiles

katemade designs said...

This is just too too cute. I linked to you in today's blog post. You're such an inspiration.

maryvernau said...

Tutu adorable! Love this card and all your creations!

Annie said...

tutu awesome
Annxxx

patricia said...

Tahnk you very much for this tuto...gorgeous!

Dawn said...

and it's tutu cute... hugs kiddo!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

This is ADORABLE! I almost bought these bunnies, myself! Love the ribbon tutu!

Pauline said...

Tu-tu cute!! Sute a wonderful use of these stamps. xxx

Becca Feeken said...

Oh Mel, your card is TuTu Cute!!! I just love that tutu - it makes me smile!!

Vicky said...

your cared is adorable love it.

Axes DesigNs said...

WOw Mel.. this is so cute! I love the bunnies... you did a beautiful job :) like alwaysssssssssssss!!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

So very cute! I love the text. It's like a little secret.

karen irvine said...

you are so clever, mel! seems like i always learn something new when i visit your blog. love your bunny card!

Kim Etherington said...

Tutu cute of a tutu. Just darling! So pretty! Very nice card. So grown up and elegant!

MARIA DEL CARMEN said...

Thank you very much for the visit.

Fantastic creations
Fantastic tutorials

Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Adorable Mel!! What a great job you did explaining it all, it's wonderful!! :)