Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vampire tendencies (gift card totes)


Took all the patience I had to wait until daylight to take a decent picture! lol. When I stamp I am a vampire.These are the first 3-d project I've made and the first gift sets I've made to sell.
These really are easy. If i can do it...!!:-)
Thanks so very much for looking,
Mel

INGREDIENTS: Stamps: S.U. Paisley Background, Ginormous Flowers, Define your Life, and mystery paisley (embossed in white) [ETA: my very favourite paisley stamp finally has a source: above the mark stamps.] blue bayou (designer series paper) textured paper in blue bayou & soft sky. Basic Grey Blitzen collection "BLI-348 Polar Blue" Glossy white (trim). Clear e.p. silver brads, hand dyed twill tape ribbon (with soft sky & blue bayou reinkers). The blooms are embossed on soft sky with two tones of ink: not quite navy craft with blue bayou classic sponged on. (and clear e.p.)
The 5 petal flower punch bloom is punched out of bubble paper: "bubble glossy paper" (made by pouncing aqua painter dipped in reinker onto glossy c.s.).TIP: (in case you find scoring as tricky as I do) Only pull the little scoring tool (from the cutter kit) towards you; don't push it away from you...and have a high ruler like the perfect layers...
Thanks for checkin' 'em out,
Mel

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I would love to make some of these, except the running with scissors blog says it's only open to invited readers. Do you have instructions? Even very basic ones, like measurements would be a huge help!!

Michelle said...

One thing to know about me, I'm a complete dingbat. I found the directions. Thanks anyhow (sorry for not being more thorough before asking!).

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

No problem. I think I fixed the link in that post. Have fun making them.

:0) Mel

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful, Melissa! All the totes I've seen have each been so different from each other and it's been a lot of fun. Thanks so much for the link. I do love these blues and the way you decorated the fronts. The cards are darling, too. I'm so glad you enjoyed this!