Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pix from Our Holidays in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island

I don't usually post much personal schtuff on here, but I always enjoy getting to know people through their blog, so I thought I'd share a few photos from our holidays.


We spent some of our time in Ucluelet, on Vancouver Island, for my sweetie Charles's bithday (just before Christmas.) We spent a couple of days at a place called "The Cabins." Ours was a cabin that was right on the beach.

Nothing like the sound of the waves and an eagle in the distance. We had a rare glimpse of sunlight before a delightful (relatively small) storm. When we first got there we were also lucky to find the tide out, so we could explore. We found these crazy creatures in the sand:


This is a gooeyduck. They poke up out of the sand (and if you poke them, they squirt water like a fountain.) The kid in me couldn't resist a poke or two!--But I was very gentle. ;0)


Later it was so meditative to watch the tide-tossed shore:



Here's our cabin:


And the lodge they're now converting:

The view from our balcony was just heavenly:




Some more West Coast wildlife:



Hope you have all enjoyed your holidays as much as I have. I'm feeling so blessed by all of the love in my life, and I'm excited to start a fresh new year. May your new year be the best you've ever had,

Mel

6 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Your photos are great, you must have had a wonderful time! We've been on vacation to Vancouver Island a couple times in the past, it's one of my favorite places!! I'm jealous!! :-)

Margaret McDonald said...

A storm on the west coast. sounds so romantic.
Margie
PS You've been tagged

Anonymous said...

marvelous,marvelous, marvelous,love momp

Marilyn said...

Wow - that looked like such a fun vacation - nothing like a great stress reliever to be near the water - loved the pictures - hope you have a very Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

These photos are fantastic.
I love the nature too.

Bye from Italy!
Giulia

Anonymous said...

mmmm... so perfectly romantic. Just the kind of environment to re-frame your life in ;}
Shea