Someone very special, Sue, had a very special birthday. She's a great bagpipe player--who pipes for everyone else's special occasions--so my marvelous m.i.l., Esther, came up with the idea for a custom card. I didn't have a bagpipe stamp, so I drew one. I wanted it embossed, so I traced my image with a glue pen.
If you don't like to draw: you can use transfer paper or a transfer technique . If you only want parts of a stamped image embossed just stamp & let it dry, then go over those parts with the glue pen & emboss. (You can do different colours of embossing on one stamped image this way too.) WAY too fun! :0) And the designs are as unlimited as your imagination.
Want to try your own hand-drawn embossing? Hand-Drawn Embossing How to:
1) Draw a pencil sketch of your image on the paper of your choice
(great because you can keep drawing until you--or your card-customers :0)-- are happy!)
2) Go over the page with an embossing buddy to remove static
3) Trace over pencil lines with a glue pen & sprinkle embossing powder on (I use a Sakura Quickie pen) You can repeat this in stages for different colours. I've done it in stages with black, silver, green & red embossing powder.
4) After each application of powder. Gently heat the embossing powder (It'll bubble some, but don't worry.)
5) Carefully erase any pencil lines (that are showing where you don't want them)
6) Water-colour image & add shading if desired. (I've water-coloured the bagpipe in green reinker, the pipe parts with brown (what are they called?), and added shading with a wash of black.)
Supplies used for this card:
Decorative papers are Basic Grey--the red is from their Dasher collection (Tree Skirt DSH-630).
Cardstock is Handsome Hunter, Basic Black, & River Rock. Silver Brads. The photo-corners are made with S.U.'s photo-corner punch (the larger photo corners underneath are trimmed for a better fit.)
Thanks for Checking this out. And happy happy happy birthday Sue!
P.S. The matching 5 1/2" square envelope is made using a custom template <--click for link :0)