These note-cards (and the little purse to tuck them in) were inspired by Sharon's versatile black white & colour challenge & the text on Janine's gorgeous blue bird card. I really love the idea of black & white with colour. I've been using green and white a lot, but never thought to add the black--Thanks for the inspiration ladies! Being broke has been another kind of inspiration that's been really good for me. ;0) (We're post-university job hunting...) Budgeting has helped me appreciate sets & supplies that I've been too lazy to use. I stamped with these two sets (Stem Silhouettes & Merci) for the first time this week. :0)
- ...embossed in black on Naturals cardstock (on which I had printed a photocopy of an Oscar Wilde text, but you could print out any etext you like)
- ...cut out (antennae are cut off & stamped on separately later)
- ...distressed around the edges with a Certain Celery marker
- ...glittered using Stampin' Up!s new glitter on Crystal Effects
- (I also added Crystal Effects allover the wings of the butterfly for the purse, since I wanted it sturdy, so I could use it as the closure):
This is not only a cheap trick (I really lurve saving money); it also has some snifty benefits:
- It lets you reproduce your favourite precut 3D projects even after they're discontinued--like this SU product which is no longer available.
- It lets you choose your favourite colours (instead of the limited ones that the projects are sold in.)
- It gives you access to free templates that are 12x12" size (all of the templates I share on the net have to fit on a standard sheet of paper because of my scanner bed size, where this one is 12x12")
- It lets you alter the templates, if you're so inclined (For instance, you could draw a square or pointed flap on this kind of purse instead of a scalloped flap.)
- You can also use templates as a basis for your own custom ones (assuming they are not sold.) I hope to adapt this one by takin' off the sides and altering the front so I can share several templates with you:
- The notecards are 3x3 inch square (I can't get enough of that size & now I cut them from 12x12 cardstock--so there's no waste at all!) This c.s. is Certain Celery, Black & Confetti.
- The stems are stamped in Silver Encore ink and embossed in clear embossing powder
- Then Green Galore Stamp'n'Write marker dots are added to the stems for some colour
- The little 3x3 envelopes (from SU) are stamped with Certain Celery to match
Hope that was useful to you & Hope you have a glorious day! :0)
P.S. Need a purse template right now? There are 103 of them linked here.