This paper purse sat handle-less for quite some time, but I finally figured out a look for it. I'm thinking it'd make a neat little favour box for a wedding or a fancy smancy dinner...or gal's party... Maybe a fun way to give jewelery, lil' containers of scrapbooky goodness, or wee make-up prezzies? I fussed a bit about the placement of the black beads, but the handle was surprisingly speedy & easy to do.
I've used a white pencil crayon to trace this pattern (so it would show up on the black cardstock) & I've omitted the round paper handle part of the template; of course, you could leave 'em on if you want. (If you'd like a tutorial on box building basics please see my previous post.) [You could also print them directly on your paper & cut it out...] :0)
There are three sizes of templates:
1. Standard (aprx 2 inches)--the one I used here
2. 120% (aprx 2.5 inches)--not shown
3. 75% (aprx 1.5 inches)--not shown
Spread a fairly generous layer of Crystal Effects (or other liquid glass/laquer) over the area you want to cover. Add beads. (I used a pin to move 'em around.) The beading lends a nice weight to the box.
Laying the purse box so that the beaded front is horizontal (pictured above) means those lil' beads or that glue won't slide. You could glue beads all over the purse, letting it dry in stages, if you wanted to.
et voila, you have a petite beaded purse! :0)
Supplies: 5mm Bugle Beads (or any you like) 22 gauge wire (or whatever fits), two pieces of cardstock, good adhesive
1) Cut the wire and test fit (This wire is more than 8 inches)
2) Stick adhesive on cardstock & adhere wire. Adhere more adhesive over top.
3) Straighten wire (if needed) to add beads & slide 'em on.
4) Twist a little loop into the wire end to hold beads & flatten it with pliers.
5) Add more c.s. & adhesive. Shape it & Stick it firmly in the purse.
Other handles ideas: wire looped into eyelets (beaded or plain, ribbon tied into eyelets, brads with wire wrapped around, ribbon stuck to paper & stuck to the inside, braided or knotted cord/ribbon, beaded paper handle...
Thanks for visiting me! Hope your crafting is Crafty! :0)
P.S... Here's a paper (no beads) version of this purse & one with the paper handles
P.P.S... Like purses? 187 templates/tutorials here