Guess what? The Halloween kits at Paper Garden Projects are all sold out! But hopefully this shadow technique is one you can use for other figures that you stamp. (Just stamp once & colour black to make a shadow & then add another figure on top.) Mr.Bones' arms & legs move on this card.
The tombstone template can be found here.
It makes a fun shape for any Halloween card. You could also use the shapes from these tombstone treat box templates as mats. :O)
These all come in the Paper Garden Projects "Happy Halloweenie!" kit:
Stamp: Mr. Bones the Dancing Skeleton stamp & "Happy Halloweenie!" sentiment
- 1 sheet white cardstock (8 by 7 3/4 inches-folded in half for a 4 by 7 3/4 inch card)
- 2 pieces of White cardstock (2 1/2 inches square) to stamp 2 skeletons on
- Wicked Whimsy patterned paper (small-dotted side) Approximately 3 3/4 by 7 1/2 after tearing around edges
- Wicked Whimsy patterned paper (green patterned side) 3 5/8 by 2.5 inches
- Black textured cardstock for tombstone (4 3/4 by 3 1/2 inches)
- Eat Drink & be Scary patterned paper (spider web side) 1 1/2 by 7 3/4 inches.
Things from your supplies/Paper Garden Projects:
black ink & clear embossing powder
black marker or ink
Watercolour pencils & water brush to colour with, (Inks, markers, or other medium)
Paper piercer or fat needle
Sakura Star dust Gelly Roll Pen
Oh so sticky tape
punches: corner rounder
The Repositionable Skeleton:
Step 1. Tear the edges of the Wicked Whimsy patterned paper (small-dotted side) to create a piece measuring approximately 3 3/4 by 7 1/2 after tearing around edges . Distress it with a black marker
Step 2. Distress those edges with a black marker.
Step 3. Stamp/emboss skeletons around the edges of it & mount it onto the card.
Step 4. Distress the edges of the green patterned Eat Drink & be Scary paper (3 5/8 by 2.5 inches) with black magic marker. Add it to the dotted paper (with the tearing & skeletons) so that it is 3 5/8 across.
Step 1. Stamp/emboss "Happy Halloweenie!" sentiment repeatedly across the Eat Drink & be Scary patterned paper (orange spider web). Mount it to the black mat (1 5/8 by 7 3/4 inches.)
Step 2. Add a strip of the double-sided green ribbon to it, tie another 2 strips into a bow around it & mount it on the card.
- Print the template, cut it out & trace it onto black cardstock with a white pencil crayon.
- Cut out tombstone & add glitter details with a Sakura Star dust Gelly Roll Pen
- Distress the edges of the white paper with the movable skeleton using a black marker & a water brush.
- Mount the skeleton image onto the tombstone & add it to the card
Well, that's the last of the skelly cards--No more torturing Mr.Bones until next year! ;O) I've had a blast with these projects. Only one more Halloweenie project left to blog tomorrow (saved my fave for last!)
Happy stampin'! :O)
Click HERE :O)