Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pink is the Moo Black! (Purse set & PGP bday challenge prize)

Sorry for the wait---been missing you guys sorely, but I got some much needed rest. Thank you so much for your sweet patience. (I still get all teary-eyed when I think of your kindness!) :O)grin!

A little sumpin sumpin today ...a new purse template (not made by me, made by SU) but I just hadda make a version with no dotted lines for you to print if you like & a liner to go with it too.)



Farm animals & humour just go together don't they? Any excuse to be corny!

Well here's a humour challenge for ya (to celebrate Paper Garden Projects'--and Cathy's!--birthdays.) Just make a funny birthday card (or one in primary colours if you're not feelin' funny) & enter it to win all these goodies:


Click the pic to go see the details on Cathy's blog.


So my lil' addition to the silly birthday fun is this absolutely bovine little purse teehee
;O)
The sentiment reads: "Pink is the moo black" ynuk ynuk


The Supplies for this all come in the Farmyard Friends Kit:
(I know, holy cow! huh?) harhar

The Stamp
Cow with a gift (by Pink Cat on ezmount & registered for perfect placement <--You know that's my FAVE, since it gives ya all the quality of Pink Cat's grey rubber but you can see the image through an acrylic block, so you have the fab function that acrylics give.

!!!EDITED TO ADD:
Sorry my big baaaad: in order to save you money--with the economic troubles of late--Cathy has included the EZ mount with the stamps for you to register 'em. If anyone would like a tutorial on that, please don't hesitate to ask. It's really easy.


Bazzill Piglet textured cardstock (pink)
Petticoat Urban Prairie designer paper
Wedding White cardstock
May Arts Black Swiss Dot Ribbon
Black Sheer Button
Black Basic Grey brads (large & small)
Paper Flowers

Optional Extras:

If you're like me and you can't get enough of cheap tricks--like alterable embellishments--then you may wanna grab some extra Sheer Dotted Swiss Black May Arts Ribbon & White paper flowers. You can colour them both to customize like crazy! I use a blend of Copic markers and regular markers/inks (for the flowers) & if you have no Copics you can use alcohol inks (for the ribbon dots.)

Staples from Your Stash:
black ink & colouring stuffs ( I used watercolour pencil crayons)
black thread
a black marker


How-To:

Making the 3x3 Note Card:



Step 1) Stamp the cow from Farm Friends kit on Wedding White cardstock. Colour however you like (me likey watercolour pencil crayons with Copic markers in the same tones to deepen the shadows of the colours)



Step 2) Fold, Embellish & Assemble the notecard:
  1. Cut & fold 6x3 cardstock.
  2. Draw stitches on mat for card.
  3. Make a bow & assemble.
  4. Add a coloured white paper flower & brad

Making the Purse:



Step 1) Print Cut & Score purse box template & cut strip for handle.



Step 2) Print & cut 2 liners for the purse flap (inside & outside ones) Adhere one on the inside



Step 3) Trim the liner if needed



Step 4) Draw stitches on the liners, if you like ( I like doing this after since the trimming the liner can really change where the stitching needs to be.)



Step 5) Adhere the ribbon to handle (little adhesive at either end) & trim it



Step 6) Tie a ribbon & sew or glue on the pink clear button



Step 7) If you want the bow to be extra secure, sew it on the outside liner & adhere it to the purse



Step 8) Colour the flowers with a marker. Copics are wonderful for this



Step 9) Adhere the handbag handle



Step 10) Pierce through the purse box & handle to secure well



Step 11) Add brads & paper flowers

Happy Craftiness to You!





Quick Links:

FarmYard Friends Stamp Kit
Cathy's Blog (She has an awesome Nesties masking tutorial on there)
Tracy's blog (Her entry for this challenge is ultra cuteness)

23 comments:

Chris said...

May I just say that once again, you've out done yourself?!? I'm constantly blown away by your projects. :)

mudmaven said...

So glad you had a chance to get that much needed rest! Welcome back. This is just too cute - the hits just keep on coming from you! I'm thinking this may be the perfect Easter card to make for the darling granddaughters! Thanks! ~chris

Kirsten Alicia said...

I'm glad you've been resting Mel. These are so gorgeous & I love the image. Thanks for the template. Hope you have a great weekend.

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

Mel, you just outdo yourself with all of these fab templates - this is why you run yourself ragged! Good that you are well rested. You cease to amaze me with your talent! The purse and card is really adorable. I just might participate in the PG bday challenge (even though I won't win *wink*)since I do have a hilarious birthday stamp set I can use.

- Alma =)

Elena said...

Very cute, Mel! Love the purse! The handle and button closer are adorable!
Thank you for step-by-step instructions!

lisa808 said...

Adorable purse!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Thanks for your great how to photos.

Debby said...

Incredibly cute! As is everything you do. You are such an inspiration. Have a great day!

Bella Rose Creations said...

This purse is incredible! I'm so glad you rested up...and hopefully are feeling better! I finally posted those snowmen from your templates...very belatedly...LOL.
http://bellarosecreations.blogspot.com/2009/03/this-is-for-mel.html I can't wait to try this!

Melleny Ams said...

Hello, I have been admiring your blog for a while now. I just wanted to pop in and say a big thank you to you, for sharing all these wonderful ideas.

Kim Etherington said...

Moo cute! Love the colours!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mel, this is adorable! I love the pun!! and the purse is just "moo" cute!

Crissy said...

Glad you are getting the rest you need!

This project is ADORABLE! Love it!

Rebecca said...

Great detail!! This is just too cute! I love stopping by your blog to be inspired by all your creativity!!

Anonymous said...

yay for u resting ! loving the cow...guess u knew i have a slight cow addiction! but adorable card & purse just completes it ! great job ! from :Kerri

Etha said...

This is just sooooo pretty!

Becky G said...

Supah cute set, Mel! Great instructions too!

Hope your feeling better soon. So sorry that you've been sick.

Sending you a big cyber hug!

Hugs~Becky

Michelle Pearson said...

this is adorable! I need to color primas with copics...know I can, just havent! Thanks for the reminder!

Erum Tasneem said...

this is too cute! I made one of the purses from your templates. Turned out cute. :o) thanks for all the links and help tht you give us.
I love the pink and black together here esp. As always the neatness in your work is impecible. You should start your own card store!

Leigh said...

Mel, Thank you so much for the purse tutorial and pattern. It's so cute. I'm glad you're feeling better. We may miss you when you're not online but we would much prefer you be healthy. Take care!

Crafty-liz said...

AMAZING! What a lovely purse!
Love it, love it, love it!
Thanks
Liz

Julie (Scrappie) said...

I discovered your blog a month back when I googled paper purse template and I designed the Pink the Moo Black purse (using other colors) and made it into a card to give my SIL for her birthday...just wanted to say thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Mel!
I just wanted to say that I'm completely blown away by your blog - OMG - such cute stuff! I'm amazed that you give the templates away for free - that's awesome!
Thank you for sharing your talents!