Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Envelope Template (for a 5 1/2 inch square card)

No fuss, no muss today. I'm SO sick. Fighting a nasty cold (and giving up coffee, sugar, flour, eggs, milk, beef, etc...) this week. Needless to say, that's all keepin' my energy mighty LOW.... so, I'm keepin' it simple (but hopefully useful)

...a new envelope template:

This 5.5 x 5.5 envelope is lined with papers from BasicGrey's
Nook & Pantry 6x6 pack ( I got mine at Paper Garden Projects)



free envelope template downloads:

This is an Envelope template for a 5-1/2" square card
& templates for a matching liner.


I went to use an old envelope template I made for this (from before I knew the bare minimum of Photoshop that I know now) & the old one was dreadful! I tend to make this size card so very often that I thought it might be handy if I reworked a new, much cleaner, and more nicely sized envelope template...

Click a photo to go download
that particular PDF template:

(or click the links)


Envelope for a 5 1/2 inch square card PDF
Envelope for a 5 1/2 inch square card JPG

Envelope (with score lines) for a 5 1/2 inch square card PDF
Envelope (with score lines) for a 5 1/2 inch square card JPG


LINER for Envelope for a 5 1/2 inch square card PDF
LINER for Envelope for a 5 1/2 inch square card JPG

LINER (with score lines) Envelope for a 5 1/2 inch sq card PDF
LINER (with score lines) Envelope for a 5 1/2 inch sq card JPG

Please note: to ensure that the envelope prints the right size,
please consider using the PDFs. You can download Adobe for free here.

They go together very simply & quickly,
but here are some details
to get them just right...


These are made to print using borderless printer setting.
To get the liner to be an exact match, print it on borderless also.

To get an envelope size this large, it requires printing on 12x12 paper (cut to be 8.5 inches wide, so that it will fit in the printer) Or you can print on legal (14" long paper)--cut to 12 inches long--if you prefer.

I prefer to print & score it before cutting: Score 4 lines from corner to corner--Corners are marked by the letter A & score lines are indicated by dotted turquoise lines:



Cutting tricks to get the right sized envelope
(in case the full top & bottom of the envelope fails to print):

The envelope will work wonderfully if you extend the template line all the way to the bottom & top of a 12 inch long paper. (You only need to cut along the 2 side lines, so that the existing cut line of the paper makes the top & bottom line of the envelope)

For visual types, like me, just cut where indicated by these 2 messy red lines.... ;O)



I printed the liner & cut and traced it onto that BasicGrey paper.
Then cut & stitched strips to embellish the lining:
5.5 inch square envelope template mel stampz
If you're interested in a tutorial for this, please just let me know.) :o)

For standard A2 sized envelope templates,
please see this post:
(there are two styles--top & side opening)

[Okay, so maybe there's a bit of fuss after all. This is a rather large size of envelope for your average scanner or printer, but I've tried to ensure that it'll work easily for you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.]

And this is so does not count as a new card (since I simply put the image on this card before adding it to the MFT calendar from the other day).... but I just had to show you that
Thinking of Hoo with the vellum but on black...

MFT thinking of hoo
('cause I really like black!) ;O)

mini HOO (clickable blogger photo):


Thanks for stopping by;
hope the envelope templates are useful to you!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Jan. 10, 2010. Thanks again.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Thank you so much for this Mel and I hope you feel better soon.

Janet

C said...

Mel, please feel better. I was sick a couple of years ago and couldn't get well until I went yeast free...2 weeks and 10 lbs. gone later, I was better but make sure you get enough protein. I lost alot of muscle.

Thanks so much for all the great templates and tutorials. You are da bomb!

Anonymous said...

not making any envelopes anytime soon but i do wish you were feeling very well very soon my lil" lady, love lady

Kim Etherington said...

Love the envie template. Can we make some next time I come to visit? :o) Love the Basic Grey pp liner. Makes it look so sophisticated. You're ubber talented... can you share just a smidgen with me please!!!

Marsh730 said...

Hi Mel,

Hope you feel better soon! I have a cricut that I use to cut my envelopes, but I still keep some templates on file. Thanks for both. I love your creativity!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, what a great template, thanks for sharing!

enjoy *~*

Debbie Pamment said...

YAY a fabulous square envelope template - MANY MANY thanx!!!!
Hope you feel better soon too!
xXx

Suzi said...

From one respiratory-challenged crafter to another: Hope you feel better STAT! Thanks for going the extra mile to share your talents in spite of feeling yucky!
Hugs!
Suzi

Dawn said...

awww, sweetie...sorry you're feeling poorly! thanks for the post. feel better soon, k?!

T-Wan said...

I hope you feel better soon and thank you for the template.

Anonymous said...

oooh I love that owl card Mel, simply gorgeous!! Hope you perk up soon xx

Anonymous said...

Mel, Get Well Soon please! Be Well. Awesome envie.

Meda said...

Very cute card, Mel.

If I would like a tutorial that would be of how you make the digital templates with photoshop. I did make one in Corel Draw, but I usually prefer to make a paper tempate using pencil, ruller and craft knife, then use it as a tempate. Not too useful if I want to shate though.

Chris said...

Get well soon!!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

thanks for these great templates. Get well soon

Leslie Hanna said...

FAB-OOO! I'm gonna try the liner for my cards. Maybe I can use up the bazillion sheets of DSP in my stash. ;-)

acons said...

Thanks for the download!Hope you feel better soon.

Elena said...

Thank you so much for sharing template and tutorial! I love how you added sewing on the lining flap!

Elena said...

Sorry forgot to write this -
Hope you feel better soon, Mel! Sorry you have this bad cold...

pescbrico said...

And this is a simple post! ;) I love all you are sharing with us! I hope you will feel much better soon.