Make your own Shimmery sprays:
(These are for you sweet Beth! oxo)
If you are willing to experiment you could use just about anything --even eyeshadow.
There are some BRILLIANT ideas in the comments of the older post (linked above or here). Erum even uses food colouring!)
FRIENDLY WARNINGs: Using alcohol, or other blenders to make your sprays? Please consider reading this info on it. Basically, it is flammable & you should avoid inhalation. Can you just picture me wearing my respirator & saftey goggles? (Seriously though.)
If you are considering putting Ranger Alcohol blending solution into sprays, please do not. Here is a post that warns against it since the blender has a resin that should never be sprayed or it can harm your eyes.
Pearl ex & binders: Pearl ex (unlike perfect pearls) needs a binding agent. You can use hairspray like Katie, glues, or matte medium or gum arabic since it needs a binder. I have read that Lumiere will bind with water and pearlex & some paint.
Most paints should have their own built in binder, so you can simply mix metallic ones with water. Or use any coloured anything and add some shimmery powder or paint to the mix...
- A source for bottles recommended by Darla. Great price, thanks Darla. You ROCK!
- Sherrie's custom Copic colour shimmers video-using Copic refill, colourless blender, and perfect pearls (mica powder in any brand should work) (Genius! I may just wear a respirator to use this one headache free. She even has the same bottles as me).
- Jennifer McGuire's fantastic video on perfect pearls. The spray using perfect pearls & water is at 3:19 but the painting is cool too.
- Andrea's S.U. shimmer mist video using alcohol
- CeeCee's video-using perfect pearls (built in binder) OR pearlex & gum arabic Love her index of sample colours shown at 6:50!
- DIY Glimmer Mist video by leonora-with paints (acrylic, shimmer paint, & water)
- iscraphappy's video using eyeshadow & Lindy's stamp gang mica powders
- Arlene's video with Adirondack colourwash
- jaynimajaski's video: metallic folkart paint, water, pearlizing medium & glue
- Stampwithwendy's S.U. video-using shimmer paint reinker & water
- Esther describes how she just uses paint & water. So pretty on embossing!
- StampySisters clog-free spray video using Jaccard products: gum Arabic & pearl ex & Adirondak colour
- Lindsay's post with her pearl ex & gum arabic recipe
- agridulce91's mist with perfect pearls & distress ink refills
- Elisabeth's pictorial using Mica powder, glue, & water
- Rachel's make your own Glimmer mist video- using paints and/or pearlex & mod podge as a binder.
- Stampin Up version in a video by Dawn-(using rubbing alcohol & shimmer paint)
- Shimmer Mist video by Christie-using Distress Ink refills & Perfect Pearls & water
- Video by tewtami using metallic acrylic paint, pearlex, & water
- Savvychic1's video with mod podge & misc paints & water
- Thread on SCS talking about glimmer mist
- SCS thread on pearl ex
Using that spray:
- Lydia (my hero) has a great tutorial here for using smooch spray
- Glimmer mist emboss resist video from ShopPaperScissors
- Smooch spritz video tutorial by Beate on SCS
- Cynthialoowho's spray with alcohol, hairspray, alcohol ink, & mica powders
Alter the store-bought mists:
You can change the colour of your store-bought Glimmer mists--video by Jenny
Add colours to Vanilla Smooch Spray video by Catherine
A review of many different sprays by JadedStudio
A very honest overview of different sprays by crop with Lisa
Happy Misting, Spraying, Smooching...!