I was going to wait until I had really good photos and a full pictorial,
but then I would take forever, never get it all "perfect"
and wouldn't be able to say this to you today....
The migraine has been rearing its
ugly-jabberwocky head a good deal lately,
but I went "snicker-snack with my vorpal blade
left it dead, and with its head... went galumphing back!"
(English translation of my Lewis Carroll nonsense:
I'm doing stuff anyhow!)
I made these boxes to store ribbon in:
They are held onto a Do It Yourself ribbon rack
with Velcro ribbon loops.
The ribbon rack is secretly an old ikea pot rack
turned up on its side (with every other bar removed).
It sits on the back of my cutting/scoring station (a dresser top).
The boxes are lined inside with a vine pattern (my fave):
The black bits at the top are pieces of
black cardstock trim to finish the box off.
- You could store anything your heart desires in these, of course
- Use an edge punch to decorate the top edge
- Make 7 boxes in a rainbow of colours lined up in your craft room
- Cut a window in them & put acetate in it so you can see what's in them (print the panel at a reduced size & trace it on the front)
- Make one with a handle as an Easter basket
Heather, of Dollar Store Crafts fame, kindly
gave me permission to share the templates that use her free
stencil number fonts from this great decorative tin project.
A big thanks, Heather!
Is the Flicker with links to Acrobat PDFs
Would you like me to add JPEGs like I have below?
I'd love to know what you prefer,
so I can know which template formats to upload. :o)
(my fave for templates):
To get the pieces to print at the same size (for a proper fit when you assemble them) I like to print the PDFs.
2) There are links to the PDFs on Acrobat.com on each page in the descriptions.
3) Then simply click the green download button at the top left of each Acrobat page
JPG format files:
(save from Flickr)
How to save the JPEGs from flickr:
1) Click on the image below to go to flickr
2) Then Right click on the image in flickr & a box should open
3) Beside "View all sizes:" select original
4) Right click and select "save image as"
(or if your browser is explorer it will say "save picture as")
Popcorn Box set
on Flickr here (asJPGs).
or click these photos to go
to each page on Flickr
Thanks to dollar store Crafts blog,
No. 1-3 font available here.
(with score lines for those who prefer them)
(with Vine pattern)
(plain Ready to fill with pattern)
(plain Ready to fill with pattern
Lines at bottom to save ink)
Panels (for pressure embossing or stamping etc)
Trim (as a detail for the box top)
JPEG format files:
How to save these JPEGs:
1) Click on the small images below
(it should open the full image in your browser)
2) Then right click with your mouse
3) chose the option "save image as"
Again, font (used with permission)
thanks to dollar store Crafts blog, here.
Plain Popcorn boxes
1 with scorelines & 1 ready to fill with pattern:
Trim for top & Panels for outside:
3 Liners for inside the box
Patterned liner & 2 plain versions to fill with pattern:
Clickable Blogger Thumbnails:
Thanks so much for having a look;
I hope you can use these templates!