Friday, October 2, 2015

Happy World Cardmaking Day!


butterfly hello

"It's been so long now, but it seems that it was only yesterday. Ain't it funny how time slips away?"

Shocking, how time flies by while you're busy with quotidian things, isn't it? (All the apologies!) Things have been crazy here life-wise more and more good crazy, lately though. So... I figured I should finally pop out from under my rock to say hello and share a card!

This one is a simple one using some of my free ledger hexagon digital paper (that I touched up with a white gel pen to soften the lines and add tiny white dots for texture). 



http://melstampz.blogspot.ca/2012/02/ledger-hexagon-paper-freebies.html

 There are two types: map & ledger...
with large, small, dark & light versions.

Other card details: The paper doily was dyed with black ink, spritzed it with Mr. Huey's Calico Shine spray, adhered with a glue stick and stitched it on with embroidery thread.

The butterfly was heat embossed using this Memory Box stamp (coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils and detailed with white gel pen and Copic multiliner.)


'Cocoa Bean Butterfly'



And the 'hello' speech bubble is an old fave,


Hope the world is treating you wonderfully.
& I hope to catch up with you again soon,

  

18 comments:

Cathy Scrivnor said...

So glad to see you back posting and sharing!

Dotty Jo said...

Great to see you in Blogland today, Mel! Jo x

Glennis F said...

Welcome back! So glad to see you again.

Margaret McDonald said...

Nice to see you back in blogdom. Email me SVP. Auntie

BSI said...

Beautiful card! Glad to see you pop in again. Always a pleasure to see your creations and thankful for all that you share. Have a great day! :)

Agatrix said...

Lovely card
Thx for shering
Greetings from Poland:)

bkazoo said...

Great card. Thanks so much

linda from arizona said...

Thought we'd lost you forever! So glad to see you back. Such a pretty card you made. Thanks for sharing with us.

Linda said...

Hey, Mel! Good to hear from you and see what you are up to

As usual I am inspired by your beautiful card, enough to go play in my messy stuff and come out with a couple cards!

thanks again for all the paper designs that must have taken you forever. and a day.

hugs, my friend,

Linda

Laurie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing.

Sue from Oregon said...

Hi Mel-happy to see you posting!!

Anonymous said...

Mel
I love this re-jigged paper design.
Beautiful.
<3
Pia

Heather said...

I'm so glad to see a post! That is a beautiful butterfly.

rkramadh said...

So thrilled to see you back here! I kept coming to your blog and was worried as to why there were no posts. Ahem, apparently you've been back since April and I didn't notice :( I love your sense of humor and the tuts. can you believe coincidentally that I finished a box using your tut just yesterday? IT's the black wooden box covered in silhoutte stencil cut...love the tut and how it turned out. Keep us laughing and inspiring....please!

Nicky said...

Hello Mel,

I hope you are well, all is well for you!
it's been so long that the blog is silent and we miss you ..
Friends of France,
Nicky

J'espère que vous allez bien, que tout va pour le mieux pour vous ! cela fait si longtemps que le blog est muet et vous nous manquez..
Amitiés de France,
Nicky

Erum Tasneem said...

This is fantabulous!! That butterfly is so gorgeous!

linda from arizona said...

I wish you would just come out and say you don't want to talk to us anymore instead of leaving us hanging, wondering why you don't want to post any more. I don't care if you don't want to share your files with us, I'm sure all of us just want to know if you are ok. I see you pinning on Pinterest so I know you are on the internet. wishing you well!

vdoyle8 said...

I hope you are well. I think of you often. It's weird how we come to believe we know the authors of the blogs we follow...