Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Casey & Beebo go down the runway! an eat cake stamp

Casey & Beebo can be found here & The cute little dragonfly can be found here. I just love the fine detail in Holly's designs; the characters feel like real little personalities. Did you ever build things to play in out of cardboard boxes when you were a kid?

Oddly enough, I've had an intimate relationship with cardboard boxes over the years. When my uncle Mike was born, my family was struggling at farming and so his crib was a banana box! :0)
I used to make boats out of egg cartons (complete with little people and chairs.) I fondly remember the day the refrigerator box arrived, though I don't remember what it turned into. (I just have a vague olfactory recollection of magic markers.) As an adult, I helped my friends child make a cardboard pickle car (from Richard Scary) and we drove around in it for weeks. My family flew me home to Ontario (from BC where I live now) to surprise my Mom for her 5oth birthday. They put me in a giant gift box in my aunt Maggie's backyard. My "Bam Bam" (grandma) built the box out of two cardboard boxes, so I'd fit. It was July so it was HOT in that box. When I jumped out, my Mom almost choked on a piece of cauliflower! Thankfully she made it. :0)

Well enough of my rambling down memory lane... This card is coloured with watercolour pencil crayons; if you haven't tried them yet, then what are you waitin' for? They are amazing. SO easy to use. I go over mine with aqua painter, because I love never having to dip a brush in water. Princess Matilda has a great technique she invented with a blender stub that you can find here.

Cardstock used: 'Taken with Teal,' 'Only Orange', textured White & Craft. The tab is on the Craft cardsock and features a stamp from the "Define Your Life Set" The 'Round Tab' punch makes it a breeze to create the tab. The corners on the main image are done with a retied S.U. corner punch. The brads are by Queen & co. (All other supplies are Stampin' Up)

Thanks for looking,
Mel

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome card, Mel! Love, love, love the coloring on this! He's so bright!

~* Tracy *~ said...

There's that cutie dragonfly again! I love your colouring on this too :)