Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm Not Sure About This Sentiment...

...but it came to mind, so here it is. I haven't finished the set of these cards, though so I'd honestly love to know if it's not working for you guys. I printed it on the computer, so it's easy to change.

I had fun with the heat'n'stick powder and dazzling diamonds on this one; the sparkle reminds me of snow under street lamps at night. The paper is by Basic Grey from the Blitzen Collection (BLI-337 Jack Frost); You can't really tell with a piece this small, but it has gorgeous snowflakes.
The circles are cut with the Creative Memories custom cutting system. Love that thing! It makes circles super easy to cut.

Other supplies for this card: By Stampin' Up: scallop punch, Cardstock: "Soft Sky," "Chocolate Chip," "Naturals White,"and "Blue Bayou." The ribbon, sadly, is discontinued "Chocolate Chip" grossgrain. (They have the wider stuff in that colour though.) Stamps used: for the background I used "The Snoflake Spot" (current S.U.) in "Whisper White" craft ink and for the central image I used "Snowflakes" (retired S.U.) in blue bayou with Heat'n'Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds.

Thanks for Lookin'
Mel

6 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Yummy colours and sparkly bling! I think the sentiment is sweet :)

Michelle said...

Oh, so gorgeous!! The sentiment is sweet (can you tell I'm stalking Tracy, always one comment behind her?).

~* Tracy *~ said...

LOL, you're too funny lovely Princess Matilda :)

Kim Etherington said...

Love the colours and the sparkly snowflake punched with the scallop. Yummy!

Margaret McDonald said...

hey its better than - 'don't ya luv when your nose hairs freeze in the cold!!'
your sometimes silly auntie

Rubius said...

this is my favourite so far... perhaps even because of the sentiment.