Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Snow Burst, BasicGrey, and Basic Gray!

Up in middle of the night again...I drooled over this Snow Burst set for a LONG time. (Well, long for me, lol.) I debated whether or not I should get it. Now, I'm so very glad I did. It was so much fun to make this card. I used my Basic Gray card stock for the first time. (Textured c.s. is so cool!) I sense a colour-love-affair coming on! It is a dreamy colour, no? Here, I've distressed it with silver & my SU distressing tool.

I'm making friends with ribbon. I dyed some S.U. stuff & most of it turned out great. The white taffeta takes reinker in a lovely way, and so does the river rock double stitched. (You can see it at the bottom of the pic above. BUT you have to use always artichoke reinker to get mellow moss ribbon.) The skinny white satin stuff with the lovely silver was a gift from Esther (the world's most fantabulous m.i.l.) I really am spoiled.

This was inspired by a gift of paper from my marvelous amie Kimmy. You can see her gorgeous creations in here scs gallery; she's too sweet she keeps sneaking me fancy papers. This one is the double-sided "Silent Night" from BasicGrey. (Practically killed me to flip it over, but I did manage to cut a big square outta the middle of it, so I might survive.) ;0)


Other card details: You can't see it so well (unless you click on the pic maybe?) but I've tries to mimic the snowflakes in the d.p. I used mellow moss, soft sky, blue bayou, and silver (embossed) to create homemade d.p. The swirls are"Swirls V2" by Rhonna Farrer; you can see them here. I wasn't pleased with the quality of them--at all--(until I sanded them). Now they're worlds better. This card also has mellow moss & blue bayou c.s., a gem brad and regular brads, as well as paper-piercing details.

Can't wait to make a card like the one in the mini where that center snowflake is cut out and looks just like jewelery. It'd make great ornaments.

Thanks for stopping by,
Mel

1 comments:

Tina said...

That´s a wonderful and precious card! I love it!