Saturday, December 8, 2007

Selling Cards & Amazing Changes to Stampin Up!'s Angel Policy

I'm sure this isn't news to some, but for those of you who haven't heard... Stampin' Up! has changed their angel policy. I was thrilled to hear that we can now sell cards with SU images in retail stores and online. I see many more ebay/etsy stores opening in the near future. Mine will be one of them as soon as I replenish my stock of cards for sale.

So, in celebration of this AWESOME change in policy, I thought I'd share a few tips for selling your cards. Of course, you need to stamp the cards with one of the SU stamps (to comply with the angel policy.) To this I add my name, blog address (because my email is on here...) I also put a little sticker for the price (stamped & handwritten.) I use my scallop punch to include the phrase inside ) or "Inside: Blank for your words." Also, some of my cards include images from other companies so I hand write that: "Some images eat cake graphics" for instance. I just love the clear envelopes that SU sells (and they are reasonable price-wise.) I leave them open at the top (with the protective strip still on) & ask buyers to leave them if they aren't going to use them. You can mail in them though!

What do you do to get your cards ready to sell?

:0) Mel

3 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

Cute cards. I've sold some by word of mouth recently, but have not pursued it heavily. Thanks for your tips.

Becky G said...

Great ideas!
I've sold cards to friends and family members but haven't done anything on a larger scale.

Anonymous said...

I plan on getting some cards on etsy as well. I just opened a shop, but plan on waiting till tuesday to when I get my ATG gun b/f making cards (the older cards fall apart with Tombow) and if I'm selling them I want to use something that sticks. I plan on using my angel policy stamp with my name on it, a decorated envelope to match the card and make a business card with my website, blog, contact info, etc to include with it. I've never sold anything on etsy so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone!!!