Monday, February 9, 2009

LPS Takeout Tea Cup Magnet Card (& Get Sketchy with us & Win a set!)



Whatz up with the posting, hey?
None on Sunday= twice the fun on Monday!
Two posts today. This is numero uno. :O)

Today, how to make this Teensy Take-out Tea cup magnet with {Make Your Own Mug} from the Little Paper Shop. I want to make dozens! MaƱana, I'll post the card and a tutorial on few wee sumthin sumthins that are on it as well (and were just too fun to make!)

The card was inspired by this wicked sketch challenge on the Little Paper Shop blog:



Try it & You can win one of the brand new Little Paper Shop stamp sets!
Coming soon to a stamp room near you. (New releases start in less than a week!)
Play along with me & the LPS Peeps, here.

Making the Tea Cup Magnet:


Stamp The wee Cup:

Step 1) Stamp the {Make Your Own Mug} cup on White cardstock. This was stamped on the white from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie 6x6 pad. I love love love paper piecing this {Make Your Own Mug} set!

Step 2) Make the sleeve:

Stamp the sentiment
on more Urban Prairie paper (I cut my sentiment in half cause it's acrylic & I can, hehehe. I like to cut in a V shape then it fits perfectly back together so you get 2x the sentiment-al fun.) Before cutting, run the sentiment-stamped paper through a paper crimper, pull on it gently so you can read it easily.

Cut it out: you can cut the height and finish cutting by sticking it on the cup first then trimming for the perfect fit sleeve. ;o) (After trimming, I edged mine with a black marker for definition.)

Step 3) Add a lipstick mark!: Ever since I saw this stamp I knew I had to add lipstick. To leave your lipstick mark, just...

draw on a lip shape in pencil, go over it with a Pink Copic (or any pink/red colour) & shade it with a darker pink.red marker (i used Holly Hock CTMH marker to shade.) Then erase the pencil (Copics will protect some of it from erasing) and then....



...The funnest part!: Make it look like real frosted lipstick by adding a bit of Sakura glitter pen & wiping it away. (I guess I could have blotted it on a kleenex, since it is "lipstick" LOL)...



Does it look like your shade?

Adding the Tea bag Tag:



Step 1) Pierce a hole for the tea bag string.



Step 2) Thread embroidery thread (or whatevah) on a needle & run it through to the back.



Step 3) Stick the tag on & adjust the length to where you like it. (I made this tea tag by embossing the "Tea" from the set onto the yellow from the Urban Prairie paper & cutting it out into a tag shape.)

To make a double-sided tea tag just stamp "Tea" a second time (You can use the first wee finished tag to make cutting easy & exact this way): Stick the cut tag onto the back of your 2nd piece, leaving room for the string at the top. (TIP: holding the large paper up to a bright light & sticking the little one to it is a sneaky way to get it exactly on the back in the right spot.) Then add the string in the middle (pull the 2 tags open a little) Clear as muddy tea?



Step 4) Adhere the string on the back of your wee cup.

Making your wee Cup into a Magnet:



Step 1) Turn you image over. Test magnets (to make sure ya stick down the right side.) :O)

Step 2) Adhere one magnet on the back of your image.



Step 3) Flip your image over and add the 2nd magnet (magnetically, no adhesive at all) :O)



Step 4) Put adhesive on the front of the magnet



Step 5) Place your take out cup on the magnet, position & let dry.



Step 6) Add Dimensionals to the back of your mat/image (doubled up or so that they are the same thickness as your magnet)

Step 7) Adhere your mat/image to your card:



And that's it for this card, for today.
(Teasin' You until tomorrow!) ;o)



P.S. Quick links:

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oooh, Mel. . .your tea cup magnet card is so adorable. Love the idea! I wish I had more time to play around. . .I can barely keep up with what I'm doing right now!! LOL!

Thank you for the wonderful tutorial and I just love all your creations!!

maria

Elena said...

Wow! That is so creative!!! I love your lipstick idea!!! And magnet cup is something brilliant!

Anonymous said...

You are just so amazing!! It must take you awhile to do each of your projects

Donna Baker said...

this is SO fun! I love your coffee mug with lipstick stain but IRL I hate that, I always have to take my lipstick off before I drink! tfs your stamping genius - we're not worthy!