Monday, November 2, 2009

Caardvarks CCM Holiday Hop--Day 2!

It's Day 2 of the Caardvarks CCM Holiday Hop--
and the order of the day is pretty packaging!

<span class=

I don't think I ever realized--until this particular project how freeing it is to have someone else make the template/die-cut for a 3D project. The lines are so clean & professional looking & you get to focus on the details... me likey!

Caardvarks CCM tuck & close box leaves DETAIL mel stampz





I find the curvy lines of this tuck & close bag shape of this ultra pretty &
the mechanics of the closure were such a treat to work with.

I chose Coconut Swirl (white)
but here's where you can find the bag in all it's pretty shades:

Other supplies: The bag is embossed all over using a Hero Arts cling stamp (Antique Brocade) & white ink and embossing powder.

Caardvarks CCM tuck & close box flower DETAIL mel stampz

It's embellished with
Vintage Buttons, Snowflakes made with a Martha Stewart Snowflake punch (punched glittered paper that was covered with M.S. white glitter using heat'n'stick powder.)

It's stitched
by paper piercing & sewing with embroidery thread. The lovely curve of the box makes a nice line to follow for the flower stems.

<span class=

The handles are embellished at the top with cream ribbon (that has large dots)--but the bow is stitched on. The way the bag sits it doesn't need to be tied shut, so the bow can stay all perty. ;o)

The bottom of the box die-cut sits nice & flat so you can add beads or other things for feet. These feet are made by gluing together a stack of 3 buttons:

Caardvarks CCM tuck & close box BUTTON feet mel stampz

The Blog Hop Order:

You can read all about the blog hop,
here at Caardvarks
:

(There's a special discount for Caardvark readers
& fantastic prizes too.)

If you're not already hopping, please
start the hop here:
Tanis: http://papercanvas.wordpress.com/
&
the next stop on the hop is talented
Lucy: http://hedgehogsandladybirds.blogspot.com/


If you get lost on the hop, please just go back to Caardvarks. :o)

Happy Hopping!



P.S. If you'd like to see the CCM tag card, that was MIA yesterday,
please pop back to visit this post:
<span class=


61 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

This is breathtakingly gorgeous! Love the button feet too!

mustangkayla said...

How stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS! I just love the embossing and the stitcing...yowza...so beautiful!

Whimcees said...

You put a lot of time and effort into this box - beautiful!

Barbara Diane

Shawna said...

Me likey, too. This is drop dead gorgeous Mel!

Laurie Marmon said...

very pretty packaging! i love the embossing all over it. the feet are cute too.

Kathlene said...

Okay, okay...you've totally convinced me that stitching is worth the time. This gift box will be a far great gift than whatever you put inside, unless of course it's from Cartier or Tiffany, but close call. Beautiful job, as always. TFS!

Marla said...

WOW you sure know how to create wonderful projects. Love the idea of button feet!!!

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow! Great package! I love the embroidery stitching. Glad I got to see your MIA card it is very pretty.

Eva said...

Mel, this is INCREDIBLE!!!!! WOW....I am drooling over this gorgeousness!!!

Catherine said...

Ditto - breathtaking! It is soooo beautiful, so elegant, so wonderful, Mel! TDF!

Anne said...

Stunning doesn't seem to do this justice. Truly beautiful
Anne x

Unknown said...

As usual, you come up with some stunning projects. Thanks

Merry said...

This is stunning. Just love the embossing and how you used snowflakes as flowers.

Linda Brun said...

Another stunning project from you!

Linda

Sue McRae said...

So gorgeous! This would be perfect as a purse for a flower girl at a wedding!

Jeri said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love white on white. It is all purpose--from winter to weddings.

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Oh I seriously love this.
Nancy

Maggie said...

OMG! That has got to be one of the most beautiful creations I've seen in a gift bag. Bravo to you! *wink*

Colleen said...

There is no other word that AWESOME.

Dawn said...

OMWord!!! that is stunningly GORGEOUS!! wowzers... is that what you stayed up ALL NIGHT for?.. worth every sleepless moment!

CCM is bombdigity!!

I love your buttone feet!!

Awwwwesome girl

Ginger B said...

how cute

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Snowflakes as flowers - brilliant! It's so elegant and pretty!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is beautiful Mel! I LOVE the button feet - inspired!

Khunter47 said...

Wow, this is simply gorgeous.

JayLynn said...

WOW!! I absolutely love it! This is GORGEOUS!!

Jamilie said...

Awesome!! I love it!!

Holly Young said...

oh gosh you just continue to wow me! This is such an elegant box you wouldn't even need to put anything in it to give as a gift! I LOVE your snowflake flowers! I never would have thought to do that!

Divya Rao said...

Oozing elegance! Beautiful!

mulberry station said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!!! So beautiful.

paperscissors said...

stunning and the button feet ...nice attention to detail and it's all about the detail

Gloria said...

Looks like the package is the gift, great job, love it.Gloria

Maryellen Webber said...

Mel, this bag is to die for!!!!
Love the embossing and the snowflake flowers. You are soooo
creative. I wish I could take lessons from you. Thanks for inspiring me, you do such amazing
work!
Hugs,
Maryellen aka( Mel)
w_webber@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. The stitching and the little button feet. Amazing!

Lisa A.

marysanders123 said...

This is beautiful! How perfect for a wedding!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning!

CFLanger said...

I'm blown away again! Your work is so beautiful!

dstandard said...

What a gorgeous bag! The embossing is stunning!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty!

Starla said...

i have been following you for a long time and only hope i can do things half as good as you

Anonymous said...

What a great bog, I just love it too when you can buy them pre cut.

Nicky Hsu said...

Too Pretty. My favorite white on white!!! WOW, This is so amazing.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my gosh... This is the most exquisite paper project I have seen yet! Your embossing, and stitching are hands down... magnificent!!!!

Gorgeous...

Unknown said...

Mel -- honestly--- I can't afford to visit your blog because I stay sooo long! I don't think I've ever spent longer disecting a project. It is beautiful --- you are a real artiste:)

Beverly S. said...

Beautiful....love your embossing and stitching. :)

Emily said...

Wowser Mel! This is drop dead gorgeous! Love that embossing...very, very classy!!!

Dandelion Dreams said...

This is beautiful. I'm inspired by the time, detail, and obvious love you put into each of your creations. I always know I'm going to get a dose of texture from your blog and I'm always looking forward to that.

Amber said...

Wow Mel what an amazing package!!! The details are out of this world! So excited to be on PGP DT with you! I've always adored your creations at CBC!
Hugs
Amber

Amy C said...

WOW Mel!! This is absolutely breathtaking!! I love the embossing and all the little accents. Great work!!

Hugs,
Amy ♥

Die Cut Diva said...

The Tuck & Close Bag you created is just gorgeous. I love all the details you added and the buttons add so much.

Diane said...

Beautiful bag..love ALL the details...the button stacks at the bottom are so clever, too!

Suzzi said...

Your work just amazes me that is so beautiful!
TFS.

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Wow I love all the detail :)
Very cool !!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

I love the stitching you added and the button feet are perfect!

kksb said...

Your box is simply stunning. Incredibly beautiful just to look at. I am interested to know how long it took from start to finish.

arielle said...

You did some hard work on this and it is just STUNNING!

Diana N. said...

This bag is absolutely beautiful! All the embossing and stitching and die-cuts make this bag a gift in and of itself.

Allison Rankin said...

So beateous...as always!

Anonymous said...

The package is so elegant and gorgeous! Love all the fine details that you got to concentrate on....LOVE IT!

Margie said...

Wow-what a beautiful box!

Shauna K said...

beautiful! love the embossing :D

Elena said...

Wonderful box! Really like snowflakes as flowers, and all the stitching you created!