Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nifty Tricks (link list)

Today, a sneak peek:


(Can you guess why there are holes in her umbrella? heeheehee)


...and a couple-few random links
to people doing really nifty things....

Gorgeous Pencil Crayon techniques by Fran (Stampendous)

Crayola pencil crayon video for kids (like me!)

Perfect Pearls technique by Joanne Allison

Ilina's AWEsome tutorial on a punched edge circle border tutorial
& Ilina's stunning scrunchy fancy flower tutorial

Working on glass or a non stick craft sheet: Craft sheet to blend distress inks (and perfect pearls) video

A million cool mod podge projects can be found on the blog Mod Podge Rocks and great info too --for instance, Did you know there was paper mod podge?

mod podge image transfer

fabric embellishments by Holly

felted cardstock by Lydia (genius!)

Tim Holtz Custom coloured stamp pad for funky detail

i gotta make this box: http://www.craftstylish.com/item/47251/how-to-make-my-very-favorite-box-of-all-time

Fantastic paper cutting tutorial by Elsita

Paper cut out a la martha

Paper fans martha style: templates & project

The Flipside of Acrylic Stamps Hero arts video by Lisa (sheer BRILLIANCE!)

Iron on transfers (Found on Susanna's card of the week)

double-sided colouring (one way to try it: Stamp image/ emboss digital image; colour back with markers; color front with pencil crayon)

magnetic flowers

And I've wanted to make a tutorial for a box with sewing patterns glued on for ages, but have been lazy. The fabulous Amy of Mod Podge Rocks fame did one with all that work (and hers is WAY better than the one in my head) so I had to share it.


Happy Sunday to You! :o)

18 comments:

mekei said...

this post of yours is going to keep me busy for a while i see! thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great links - but why are there holes in the umbrella - it'll just let the rain in......

Sue from Oregon said...

I give up! Why are the holes there?

Diana said...

Why O Why are the wholes in there ..Now you cant leave us hangin ..HELP!! dont make me crazy .
Hugs Diana

Noreen said...

More great links.. thanks so much. You always find such great helps and ideas!

Merry said...

Great links and the sneak peek is intriguing.

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Oh T Y for the awesome conglomeration of messy and inspiring links! You rock, girlfriend! And your projects have been amazing too.

Hugs, Fred

Ilina Crouse said...

Wow! Thank you so much for listing my tutorials. I am flattered. I have been following your blog forever, but never have left a comment.I adore your work and I am totally flattered to be "featured" here.

Cazzy said...

I can only think it will give you wet accents when you heat emboss, but failing that she is going to get wet!

Cazzy x

Karen said...

Because the holes are teeny tiny and two close together, I'm gonna guess a brad of some kind, hopefully sparkly like little wet diamonds. Thanks for the links to all those nifty tricks!

Beth Norman said...

You da best GF. I love when you give us links--it gets old looking for them myself--LOL. I must say the napkins were cool and so was the paper flowers and the box with the pattern. I spent one hour watching and reading each link. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Mel! You are so sweet! Thank you so much. xo

Dawn said...

I love it when you do this....BUT.. I spend waaaay too much time on the puter!! LOL

Dawn said...

oh yeah...holes? beads of course!

Amy Sheffer said...

Great list of links! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

hi mel it's monday here now good day to u ...u r so kind to share your fun ideas, love lady

Kim Etherington said...

Love her little braids.. too cute.
You have such patience for cutting out images.. I always want to, but too lazy. Can't wait to see you this Sat.

Kim

Fiona said...

your cards are gorgeous and lots of tips and ideas.