Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Easy Bookmark Folder--how to


I turned the idea of a page with book marks stuck onto it into a giant birthday card folder. (This is 9x9 inches.) I started with a piece of Tim Holtz card stock (Distressables line-Library 0736 by Ranger.) I didn't even alter it, since it has so much interest as is. I just made a tag (inspired by Princess Matilda's stunning homemade tags. I used Naturals Ivory cardstock for the tag & embossed Happy Birthday on it, distressed it, and added a Wire accent. The ribbon is River Rock double stitched (just dyed with Chocolate Chip reinker.)


Then I made the inside from a piece of 12x12 Naturals Ivory. I wanted enough of a pocket to hold the books, but not too much to cover them, so I left the one side 12 inches. This gives you a pocket of 3 inches. I also needed a tab to attach the Tim Holtz card stock, so I cut two inches of the other side. (You want a 12 x 10 paper.) I scored the 10 inch side 1" in and then folded it. I scored the 12 inch side 3 inches in and folded it. Then, I cut the little rectangle formed by folding. See this (not to scale) template for details:


Taping the pocket to the main card with double-sided tape, and putting a brad in the middle forms the pocket. Then I just had to attach the piece of decorative cardstock and finally tuck the "books" in. I also plan on tucking a love letter behind them. :0) (Sappy ol' me!)

Thanks for looking. Enjoy your crafting!
Mel

P.S. Click here for a tutorial on how to make the bookmarks. :0)

0 comments: