I didn't like these cards until I realized the lilacs matched them, hehe. (I'm such a dork for flowers.) I've been trying to make myself do some simple projects. You know those people...like Kristina Werner, & Nichole Heady ...who have mastered the art of simple made beautiful? Card artists who make cards like this beauty of Bonnie's?...I'm not one of 'em, but I wanna be! :0) They make simple look so easy, but It's just not my forté. So I'm practicing. (I kinda got to thinking though, maybe the distressed thing is a no-go for the simple look? What do you think?)
Anywho, these note cards are for a gift set for someone who loves purple, so hopefully they'll go over well--simple or not.
The medallion thingies are done with silver-accented distressed emboss-resist. Wanna try it?:
- Sponge a piece of white glossy cardstock with desired ink colour (I used Pale Plum)
- Stamp with versamark ink & emboss with clear embossing powder (the flower medaillion is from Carte Postale)
- Go over the whole thing with ink colour (I used Elegant Eggplant)
- Add silver details with a Zig painty (or gold by using its other end) :0)
- Sand to distress (if you like distressing.)
- Add gem brad...altered brad... whatever you like.
Just print 'em out from your computer onto vellum. If you'd like brighter colours, cardstock seems to work nicely. Here's an older post with butterfly links for you