Thursday, October 9, 2008

Easy Scor-Pal Gift Bag or Basket Tutorial (& instruction sheet)



Remember this thinger? It's a gift bag or basket (or even an open-top gift box...depending on how you embellish it or what you add for a handle.) :O) It is box like in shape & really really really easy to make. When finished, it measures 5 4/8" wide, 2 4/8" deep, and 4 2/8" high.

Here's an instruction sheet for how to make it; (click to enlarge it.) There's also a photo tutorial below & details on how I've embellished it, in case you're curious. :O)





Step 1) Take a standard sheet of cardstock (8 1/2 x 11 inches) place it in your Scor-Pal so that it looks tall (please see the instruction sheet above if that makes no sense, lol.)
& Score it at 1 and 1/2 inches & 7 inches




Step 2)
Turn it so that it looks short & Score it at 4 and 1/2 inches.




Step 3)
Flip it (it still looks short just flipped) & Score it again at 4 and 1/2 inches
Fold score lines with the Scor-Pal tool (using it like a bone-folder.)




Step 4) Score a grid pattern (or stripes/diamond) over the whole thing




Step 5) Cut slits to make flaps




Step 6) Stick the box together



To Make the Handle:



This handle measures 8.5 inches by 2 inches:
  1. Emboss with Versamark & clear embossing powder on vellum cardstock. (This stamp is Paisley (Above the Mark-56005 I).)
  2. Do ink resist with black marker or ink & wipe off the excess.
  3. Layer handle on white cardstock (2 2/8" wide) & pierce along edges.



After I stuck it on the box with good sticky tape, I added brads & wee flowers made with SU's Three for You flower punch.




To hide the back of the brads I punched a 1 3/8 inch circle and cut it in half. Then I stuck it onto the box and that's it... :O)


Catch ya Later Stampigators!




P.S. The embellishment details (Stamp'n'Stitch & vellum resist flowers) are in a tutorial here: Stamp and Stitch & vellum resist flowers

P.P.S. Two blog candies and a SALE! Life is Good! ;O) Click the pictures to go to each:

Sale here:


WCMD Blog Candy:



13 comments:

Jami said...

Mel this is so cute - I love the size of it. I just ordered my score-pal (i'm sooooo excited) so I will save this to try out on it!! I love your little details like the flowers under the brads, and the circles on the inside to hide the brads!! Fabulous!!!
hugs, Jami

Melanie said...

so easy to follow! printed and ready, thanks! that paisley is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Mel,I love your templates and tutorials. You are so generous to share all of this with us. I recently found your blog and spent literally days looking at everything.

AnnMarie said...

Very elegant looking! Love your embellish-ing!

Anonymous said...

hi mel that box matches the card you sewedit's so nice to keep up with what you do with all your energy, love lady

Robin L Greenslade said...

so pretty and so nice and simple! Love it!

Tonniece said...

You do think of everything. Great ideas as always.
Thanks for the great print out tutorial.

Elena said...

Oh, Mel! It is gorgeous! I love your style! The way how you create everything - handmade DP, Gift sets, Different techniques! Thank you for your tutorial! Love all of the detailed description!

Maria said...

Such a pretty bag, Mel! Very elegant looking. It's a great gift bag for a wedding or a dinner party. Thanks for the tutorial. What can I say. . .another awesome project!!

Maria

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh! This is fabulous! TFS!

Deb Neerman said...

Sooo cute and sounds easy. 'Sounds' being the operative word ... I believe I am template/instruction challenged.

So, hey! How's the Paper Village comin' along? I'll bet your havin' trouble with the l'il paper people clappin' their l'il paper hands, huh? You'll figger it out ...

Love Ya Lots Mel-A-Licious!!

~Hugs!

Elaine said...

Wish I had me a scor pal to make one of these! Love that it can coordinate with anything and your directions are wonderful. Thanks sooooo much MMM!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mel - another great creation! You never do just some simple thing, your projects are always way over the top. I love checking out your blog.

Swedie