Friday, October 3, 2008

Stamp & Stitch flourishes (& vellum resist flowers)


Happy Friday!!

This gifty lil' set was made for the latest challenge on the 3D Design Challenge blog. (The button book was made with Jan Tink's "One Little Book" template out of one 12x12 piece of paper.) Previous post for how to make the button book here. Check out 3D Design Challenge to see some great mini books by Carrie & Pamela & for the link to the template.

Today, tutorials for the Stamp & stitch technique on the gift bag (or basket, maybe?) and some little vellum-resist flowers too...



Stamp & Stitch Flourish:

Supplies:

Flourish/ Line stamp
Ink
Cardstock
Paper piercer
Thread & Needle


Step 1. Stamp your image. I like Stazon for no smudging
(this is from From the Garden by Fancy Pants) I'm stamping on patterned gesso cardstock, because it's really strong for stitching (& I wanted a wee bit o' pattern)



Step 2. Pierce along the lines
(I use a Making Memories paper piercer)


Step 3. Stitch it up. (If you use double-sided tape on the back of the piece instead of knots, it lays nice & flat)





Vellum Resist Flowers:

Supplies:

Vellum
Versamark
Clear embossing powder
Heat gun
Black marker/ink
Flower punch
Paper piercer
Brads

Step 1. Emboss vellum
(Versamark & Clear embossing powder)



Step 2. Punch flowers (Three for You punch) & colour them
(I used black marker) Remove the excess marker



Step 3. Pierce a hole in the center & add a brad
(I used white brads)



Step 4. Shape the flower around the brad & use it


Happy stampin' you supah stampers! :O)



P.S. Of course, you can stamp & embroider on fabric: No DUH! huh? (But check out Crafty Daisies tut here and for making kid's art (or yours) into embroidery check out this stunning project.)Great Embroidery thread review on Craft Critique here by Mary Chong

P.P.S. Can you believe tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day!?! I'll have THREE posts for ya (and some surprises) :O) If you have a minute on Saturday, check out Little Paper Shop for a sweet SALE!!! (20% off everything in the store!)


23 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh I love those vellum flowers....how beautiful!!!
I was going to do housework this morning but now you have inspired me to get up into my studio and create something........thank you.

Sheila-x-

Whimsical Wendy said...

I love the effect you have got here Mel. I don't usually sew on my cards as I'm lazy, but you have inspired me to give it a go! Wendy xx

Janine said...

Hey Mel!! Just beautiful and congrats on your guest designer spot!! You will WOW them I know!!

Anonymous said...

This is so AWESOME! I need to stitch on my cards! I love stitching!

Jamie Martin said...

This gift set is sooooo pretty :)

StampinCathy said...

WOW love your projects and your tutorials were so helpful. The vellum flowers are so awesome. Now I'm going to have to get out that thread and needle again. I just love sewing on cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jeanne said...

Wow! This is incredibly pretty and inspiring. I love the look of the embossed vellum flowers. Going to have to get going and try this idea for myself.

Thank you for always sharing and inspiring!

Kim Etherington said...

I love love the handle on your little tote. It's fab!!! Your blog looks awesome. Great work!

christina d said...

I haven't tried stitching on cards YET! I do love the vellum flowers and I can think of alot of uses for those. Thank you!

Lisa Olson said...

Aw Mel...Wow...Wow...Wow and another big sigh of admiration at your latest creation..ooo I think that rhymes!!! not that i am a poet though!!!

This is truly sensational!!

Anonymous said...

hi mel , i like the black and white stithcing must have takens some time hey?lady#1

Maria said...

Oooh, them resist flowers are oh so pretty! I love the stitchings too! I gotta try that resist flower!

By the way, jus' wondering. . .how long does it take for you to make a card? You put in so much details to your card. . .it would probably take me a whole day to do all those details. . I'm a pretty lazy crafter and slow one too!! LOL!

As always, I'm lovin' your projects!!

Maria

Melanie said...

WOW!!!

Cathrine StClair said...

Beautiful project Mel - very classy looking. Like the blog facelift too!

Tonniece said...

Another wonderful and beautiful creation. Is there no stopping you?
WOW, just sooooo pretty

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE, LovE, love this!!! You've done it again Mel-a-Licious!

I NEED to try the vellum resist ... like now!

Enjoy your weekend my friend!!!

~Lottso hugs, Deb

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool, cool, cool awesome, awesome job.

Allison Rankin said...

You rule the planet. Maybe we should get you working on the economy or something...you could explain these obscure terms in a handy-dandy blog entry and just blow our minds!

Risa said...

You never cease to amaze me Mel! Your creations are always so vibrant and beautiful...rock on girlie!!
Hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Congrats on your guest designer spot Mel, you are so very deserving!!!

Lorraine said...

You just amaze me Mel with all your great ideas. Beautiful work.

Shirley said...

This is just stunning, Mel. The little details in the flowers, etc. Make this such a keepsake and more.

Elena said...

Mel, thank you for sharing your ideas with us! Love the flowers! It looks beautiful! The stitching is so nice and really gives a nice addition and demension!

Anonymous said...

oh lovely,and very nice tegnigue.Greetings from Finland!!!!!