Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little Paper Shop Release Day!


Today's the new releases from Little Paper Shop. I've been loving the Anime styling of these newest LPS sweeties. I have a couple more projects to show you with 'em. Today a simple card with more "magic pattern."

design team


Gotta love a colour challenge! The fabulous Julie challenged the DT gang to a colour combo with a twist. The colours: pink & green & kraft. What a fun combo that turned out to be! (Though I cheated and added turquoise for the sky.

The twist? You have to use punches on your card. It appears I also cheated on that one. (Look Ma, no punches!) I didn't rebel on purpose, though; must've just had my head in the clouds, because I plum forgot. Clearly, I'm no challenge angel! teeheehee

Okay bad pun purgatory is over, sorry (or am i?--muahahahahahHAaaah. ;o)

Been dreaming of some new stamps?
These new releases are on sale until Monday July 20th...



You can find these Darlings at the Little Paper Shop:

{Angelic Jena}

(used on this card) :O)

{Beary Special Katie}:


The Heaven sent sentiment on the cloud is
from the set {Angels}:


(It's a previously released set)
Goes divinely with {Angelic Jena}, hey?:





Thanks for checkin' this out!


P.S.

  • Cardstock: Kraft, Pink Pirouette, Certain Celery, & White.
  • {Angelic Jena} stamp from
  • Paisley (large design) from Above the Mark (56005 I)
  • Versamark, Clear embossing powder & heat gun
  • White Craft ink on a sponge (bottom section of card)
  • Pink velvet ribbon (dollar store)
  • Silver ZigPainty pen (faux stitches & halo)
  • Kraft, Green, pink, & Turquoise markers
  • Stickles (Crystal) rubbed a bit on the whole image
The main mat shape for this card is a label template from Martha Stewart <---(It's on page two there & I've used it blown up in size.) "magic pattern stamping":


Curvy card feet template:

8 comments:

Julie said...

Yep, this is super cute, Mel! LOVE how you colored the image and that little bit of turquoise is worth it for that gorgeous sky! Beautiful job! :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

LOVE this card and that shimmer! You did an awesome job ROCKIN' out Julie's challenge as you did w/ ALL your previews this month-love everything! So happy to be getting to know you better through LPS, too. YOU are Angelic ;)

Bonnie said...

So dang pretty Mel, how I love the happy colours in this challenge! I am overlooking the no punches slip up because I think once I didn't do something on a challenge......I think.......once.....

Allison said...

Too cute...just love it! Love the shaped cards...so gonna try it (as I always say!).

harrahx2 said...

This is so cute. Thank you for sharing.

Julia said...

Awesome card Mel!

Beth said...

Cute and adorable Mel
Hugs
Beth

Beth Norman said...

So cute. I'm still not getting your posts. I don't understand why because I'm a subscriber and always got them. Did something change a while ago with the blogger system?