Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Note Card Set: slipping you some "Laundry Notes"

This is one of four cards in some notecard sets I made for my mother-in-law Esther (the world's best m.i.l.) to give as birthday presents.
Ingredients:
I used up a whole package of both 'blue bayou' and another of 'soft sky,' so I had to cave and use my hoard of textured paper ("in colours".) [It was either that or actually make cards that aren't blue, hahaha! fat chance.]
The main image is on Naturals ivory cardstock. The center strip is from the Basic Grey Blitzen collection ("BLI-348 Polar Blue.") The distressing is done with one of my all-time favourite tools: "the distressing tool" (It's part of the "Cutter kit" on page 184 of the 2007-8 S.U. catalogue.)
I used not quite navy ink for the main image (slip), and I watercoloured it with soft sky & blue bayou reinkers, adding highlights with a white signo gel pen. The phrases are stamped in not quite navy craft ink (the "define your life" set); they're finished with embossing for more texture(using clear embossing powder).
For the Flower: I used "bubble glossy paper" (made by pouncing aqua painter dipped in reinker onto glossy paper; see my tutorial if you're curious) It's punched with the 5-petal flower punch. The center has a sparkly gem brad. (I can't get enough of those!) Hafta order more soon...

Thanks for checking this out,
Mel

0 comments: