Friday, September 28, 2007

Another Version of the "Happy Holidays" Card


I wanted to play around with Christmasy colours & I came up with this. Not sure if it looks too much like camouflage, LoL. Why is it that photos never do justice to cards. They always look that little bit better in 'real life' (In my case it could be the fault of the photographer: Man! I hate taking pictures--'cause I suck, haha...) . I will tell you a little about how this looks in real life. The white dotted snowflakes are more subtle. The beaded area looks less black and has a lot of sparkle and the embossing is less shiny. Too funny! :0) Can you tell I'm in a "MOOD!?" ;0)

Ingredients for this card: "Mellow Moss" card, with "Always Artichoke" and (retired) "Cranberry Crisp." The image is embossed with "Always Artichoke" craft ink and clear embossing powder. Then, I blender penned it with "Cranberry Crisp" reinker, I scallop punched it first and finally glued beads on with Crystal Effects. The circle mats are cut with the Creative Memories cutter and the ribbon is (retired) "Cranberry Crisp" double-stitched. The flourishes are from the "Baroque Motifs" set embossed with a Versamark pad and clear embossing powder.
The "Happy Holidays" is from the (retired) hostess set "Warmest Regards" and I've embossed it with "Always Artichoke" craft ink and clear embossing powder.

I cut the cranberry circle out of the cranberry mat (after I cute it to size) and did that ever make me feel resourceful, heehee! ;0)

Have a fantastic day,
Mel

3 comments:

Kim Etherington said...

I like the colours for a more subtle soft xmas colour theme.. from the bright red and greens.

~* Tracy *~ said...

I always have trouble getting the 'right' photo of my cards. The colours never come out right... I think I desperately need to take a digital photography course!!
I absolutely adore how the embossed flourish looks in your photograph. It looks like some molten metal... maybe mercury.
Thank you so much for sharing how you made this card :)

Michelle said...

This is so pretty, too. Wow, Mel, you've been busy, busy, busy! I love the glitter!!